Anyone doing it alone? MyOH has left me

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
We tried for a year to get pregnant and here I am in my second tri and he's decided he wants out. He doesn't want me or baby. (I'm not going to bash him as there's a lot happened - it's his loss). I'm worried now incase something happens to baby as I want this lo more than anything. Anyone else going through this alone??

I am not in the same situation, I just wanted to say I'm very sorry that you're going through this, it seems really unfair to try for that long and then leave. Life just happens I suppose. I'm praying for you! Good news is, the odds of something happening to the baby are very very slim. Hopefully here in a few months, you and your little one will be snuggled up and loving on each other :) I'm a worrier as well, so I know it's easier said than done, but hang in there.

I had my first child on my own and I know how it can be. It seems strange to try for so long and then decide this isn't what he wants. Maybe it's just cold feet and he will return at a later time. Anyhow I am always available to help or listen or whatever. :flower:

I am not in this situation, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are dealing with this. I think your baby will be fine! Have all of your visits thus far been normal? If so, then you should be fine. Try to think positive and take extra good care of yourself during this time. Be kind to yourself. Give yourself what you need and give baby what he or she needs.

Sorry you're going through this alone. I guess it is his lost but I bet it's still really hard. Hope you have your family to support you. Sending you big hugs!

Hugs. I agree. I went through first tri alone and had to overlook some nasty c* to make things work, so I hope he cools down and returns. If not, you'll be strong without him. Just rely on friends and family, that's how I survived being alone first tri. As for baby, in the unlikely event something happens at 26-27 weeks neonatal care has gotten so advanced the survival rate is like 80-90%. So try not to worry about your bean, especially if your pregnancy has been smooth. :hugs: hang in there and you've got us if you need it

Just wanted to say how sorry I am you're going through this. Praying that everything goes well for you and you and the lo have a great life together :hugs:

:hugs: I've never been through this, but I wish you all the best. That must be devastating. :(

I'm sorry you're going through this. :hugs: I think there is a single parents board on here. I'm sure you would find some more kind words and positive outcomes there if you need more support. X

Hey Hun,I haven't been on here very much since finding out I was pregnant as I am quite shy but needed to come in and give u hugs......
I'm so sorry that ur going through this and after the amount of time u we're trying I get this would b the last thing u would think would happen but I wanted to say that u will get through this and baby will keep u strong.my dh left my daughter and I when she was just two,I was devastated and thought the world was coming to end but being a mother was and is the best feeling in the world and the bond that my dd and I have now is something I wouldn't change for the world....it's three years in and I have a new partner and although baby no2 was a very quick surprise I now see it as such a blessing and think to myself,u know what,if partner was to leave I would get through this just as well on my own knowing that I am all this baby needs,I need him just as much as he needs me and that bond will just grow and grow.....

U will b amazing,ur love for ur baby is so strong and ur partner is already missing out on u being a fantastic mother to this baby,u remember that and everything else will fall into place xxx

No experience but I just wanted to add my support, even if he feels that the relationship is finished you are still the mother of his child and that's still his baby and to walk out and leave you to go through the rest of your pregnancy alone is very selfish.

So sorry, Blue :( Just wanted to join in with the support and send some hugs your way :hugs: <3

I'm sorry you are going through this Hun but you can do it. You're stronger than you think. When my ex left when dd was 17 months and ds was 8 weeks I just felt like my world had collapsed and I'd never cope. But you will come out the other side so much stronger and better off. Let yourself feel all the emotions you need to right now and let yourself spend lots of time doing whatever you need to to comfort yourself and feel better. And don't feel bad to ask friends and family for help. Big hugs Hun xxx

Hi hun. Just wanted to offer some support and say how much of a brave strong woman you are!

I wouldn't say I did it alone, But my ex was unsupportive throughout my whole pregnancy with my daughter. When we came home from hospital he didn't do one night feed. Never changed nappies or generally took any interest in her and inevitably we split when she was 18 months. But I pretty much did it all alone before then! It's hard sometimes but it is SO rewarding and you will become even more of a strong person, you'll surprise yourself! And your baby will idolize you :)

Good luck, you got this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->