Anyone doing pre-ttc prep?

Seity

Mom to Gabriel and Samuel
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you were doing anything as a sort of ttc prep. We're looking to start trying in about 3 months and so after my last period, I stopped taking the pill (we'll use condoms until we're ready to ttc). I've always taken a daily multivitamin because I'm very active and without it my iron count is on the low side. I looked and it does contain folic acid. I was wondering if I should switch to a prenatal pill vs the multivitamin and if so how soon before we actually ttc? Any thoughts on that or anything else?

I just lost a pregnancy, so as we are not trying to concive right now, I want to try again in about 3 months, From what I have read, taking a prenatal vitamin at least for 3 months is good and then just starting right eating habits now, so I am at my peak of being heathly when we do start trying.

i have been working out consistantly for over 3 years now, i eat well (6 small meals a day), I just stopped taking my birth control and have started charting...i have also just started taking the pre-natals

We will be trying at the end of the year and OH is getting back into his fitness routine which he used to do religiously before he got poorly. I will be joining him too. Neither of us are overweight or smoke, we don't drink a lot and eat pretty well so hopefully with some vitamins we will be pretty much there xxx

I don't drink or smoke, try to drink 2ltrs of water a day need to do more excerise and am taking pregnacare

I temp!

Not on the pill. Starting acupuncture next week again (for periods and libido) so that will help when the time comes. Take supplements, exercise and eat healthy.

What supplements would be recommended? OH and i have been trying with no success. We're apart at the moment due to his workand will be 3 months before he returns :( As time is ticking on 4 both of us, I'd like us to have a really good chance of getting pregnant when we get together.I'm adjusting my diet and exercise regime but was wondering which vits etc would be helpful?

folic acid is a must, generally a prenatal vit which you can get from most supermarkets/chemists!

we're not going to be ttc to quite some time yet, but since i joined this forum it's been all i can think about and i figure it can't hurt to be prepared...

i recently swapped my normal multivitamin and omega 3 capsule for pregnacare plus (the only real difference is the increased folic acid and no vitamin a). i've also started losing weight. i carry my weight very well because i'm quite tall, so people often don't realise i'm as overweight as i am (3 stone to lose) which has made it easy to ignore it in the past!! i want to be a good healthy weight when i start ttc and starting now will give me plenty of time to lose weight slowly and healthily and keep it off.

i need to exercise more too - which will help with my fitness and my weightloss. i have an exercise bike, so i'm making an effort to use that more often and to walk home from work more often. i don't drive, so i get a lift to work - it's a 45 minute walk, which is not too bad in the evening, but i can't face it in the morning!

i also use bio oil daily. i have a few tiny stretchmarks from when i gained weight as a teenager, but they're barely visable now. i bought the bio oil to help reduce the appearance of a burn scar on my arm (cooking accident!), and now i use it pretty much all over - i figure having super supple skin won't hurt when i get pregnant!!

All your feedback was spot on to what I've been reading. Sounds like I should look into switching to a prenatal vitamin, but otherwise I'm good. I play ice hockey, so I'm in excellent shape. I eat healthy and don't smoke. I do have the occasional beer, but until we get closer to actually trying, I'm not going to cut that out of my diet. I've only just come of the pill, so I've started charting CM and hope my cycle goes back to normal quickly. I've been on and off BC before and always went right back to a regular cycle, so I'm hoping its the same this time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->