Anyone doing the shoe box appeal??

nikkip75

Reaction score
Im filling a shoe box for the appeal but worried about if ive put enough in.

Is anyone else doing it and if so what have you put in?

So far ive got,
toothpaste
toothbrush
Disney princess shower gel
Disney princess nail varnish
colouring book and pencils
soap
yoyo
2 bags of sweets
2 pairs of socks
make your own hand puppets set.

Do that sound enough? Its got to be in by tomorrow!

Sounds perfect and exactly what i put in.

hi

does anyone have any more info on this id be really interested to do one? never really heard of it?

https://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/about

This may help, i'd check the deadlines though.
https://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/locate

Sounds fine too me nikkip. but for more inspiration https://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/what-to-pack

I've done operation christmas child for my shoebox, I've done it but havent dropped it off yet.

I've done it for a 2-4year old girl. I've put in:

Toothpaste(3-6years)
Toothbrush(3-6years)
3 pack of socks
7 pack of fairy knickers(age 3-4)
1000 fairy sticker pad
A plain paper Pad
A colouring book
a pack of 30 pencils
a sharpner
a pack of 4 heart rubbers
a little hairbrush and hairbobbles
a pack of 3 pretty girly headbands
a pack of pretty hairclips
a pack of girly beaded necklaces/bangles and rings.
3 x packs of sweets
A doll that has a diff outfit and shoes.
and I had a big bag full of ty beanies that all have tags on and never played with so I picked out a lil black dog beanie and a lil bear beanie to go on top.

Sounds perfect what u got and they'll be very grateful :) x

Oh Sophie whoever gets your box is going to be a lucky little girl! Sounds lovely!!

Sorry I meant to pop back in here and give the info on how to take part in the appeal but Eden decided it would be fun to stick a button up her nose this afternoon so had to go to A&E in rush hour traffic to get it removed : I was going to go and get a few more bits but haven't got time now.

Thanks for putting the link in kaci :thumbup:

Just wanted you to be aware that The Operation Christmas Child appeal is run by quite an extreme evangelical Christian organisation; after recieving the boxes from kids they add in fundamentalist Christian leaflets and in some cases require children to sign up to a course of 10 bible classes in order to recieve their shoebox gift; because of this many large supermarkets and distribution organisations have cut ties with the organisation (I remember co-op supermarkets used to help them with distribution but stopped this once they discovered the behaviour of the charity behind this).

https://www.humanism.org.uk/humanism/humanism-today/humanists-doing/charities/samaritans-purse

Some more articles about this organisation

https://pursestrings.ca/news.htm

Just wanted you to be aware that The Operation Christmas Child appeal is run by quite an extreme evangelical Christian organisation; after recieving the boxes from kids they add in fundamentalist Christian leaflets and in some cases require children to sign up to a course of 10 bible classes in order to recieve their shoebox gift; because of this many large supermarkets and distribution organisations have cut ties with the organisation (I remember co-op supermarkets used to help them with distribution but stopped this once they discovered the behaviour of the charity behind this).

https://www.humanism.org.uk/humanism/humanism-today/humanists-doing/charities/samaritans-purse

Honestly, its a great charity, ALL the local schools do it here. Please dont listen to BS. Its worth doing honestly.

It isn't BS, if it was BS why would the Co-op who are an extremely ethical organisation, and others break ties with them? Also I don't think the Guardian newspaper would repeatedly lie about them for the heck of it. Many schools have also stopped working with this charity after doing their own research on them, again I doubt this is something they would take lightly. They specifically target countries to distribute to where the majority of people are not Christian, in order to push their beliefs and literature onto them, this is something they admit to those who are like-minded and if you email them they will probably confirm it but the sly thing is they do not let most organisations and schools working with them know about any of this. I believe parents should have that informed choice. Even before I was Muslim and in school I looked into this organisation and was horrified; and my mum was too and would not allow me to do the shoebox. It isn't fair on parents to not tell them about the fact that their shoeboxes are either opened and the literature added or literature is handed out at the same time as well as the other clauses they give. Also I don't think it is ethical to give out Xmas gifts deliberately in countries where Christmas is not celebrated; but that is the least of their issues, There are some other charities who do these shoebox gifts without the evangelical side.

My friends sister is doing a box for Red cross but cant find the info on it atm.

My little girl has really enjoyed doing the box and understands a bit more about how lucky she is now to have all she gets at christmas after seeing this little box of little gifts for a little girl who wouldnt get any gifts otherwise.

:( Oh dear I didn't really know much about Operation Christmas Child being used for things like that, i've already done my shoebox and made a donation...

I have packed (for a 5-9 girl):
a 4 pack of Play-Doh,
a wooden flowery necklace,
crayons,
a rainbow slinky,
a mini white hangbag style purse with black hearts on it,
a tin kalaidoscope,
a Mr Men colouring/sticker book (royal wedding themed),
three packs of 3D stickers,
kids pink glittery toothpaste,
kids pink toothbrush,
a small pink mesh bag full of hairbands/clips,
fairy wings,
mini fairy star wand,
foam rabbit mask,
a pink hairbrush,
a mini toddler girl doll (a bit like Shelly) with accessories
a pack of rainbow stick sweets

Don't feel bad about it; because it is them not being clear with those making donations and thus their fault; not yours. Hopefully your gift will be one of those where they don't manage to put any extra stuff in with it xx

I want to do this, But if you do it with your kids how do you explain sending xmas pressies to them as i want my kids to believe in santa, so they'll wonder why santa hasnt sent the other kids presents. What do you say?

say you're sending it to santa who will send it on to someone who needs it :flower:

I didnt realise this Summer Rain - How awful if its true...I dont want to think that these children have to give something first before recieving my boxes. :nope:

They are a good charity, I will stand by that. You can find anything on line that people want to find. It does not mean its true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->