Anyone dyed their hair in 3rd tri?

JWandBump

Reaction score
My hair is terrible! It really need some highlights, my roots look awful! :( I last had my hair done in 2nd tri, same thing just a different salon.

I don't know why I alway panic :/ I had my hair done a few time with DD aswell. Anyone else get theirs done still? X

Yes I have, I do it myself and use Boots herbal range but from what I ahve read before it is safe and especially with highlights as the colour doesn't touch the scalp. I say go for it and enjoy your nice new coloured hair. :flower:

I was going too, but been putting it off this long, what's 9 more weeks? There's too much conflicting info for my liking. Some hairdressers/midwifes say fine, others say not too. After our problems last time, I won't take unnecessary risks. Not much longer to wait!! x

Ive done it 5 times throughout this pregnancy....

Mw said no dramas at all and hairdresser said "how many women pregnant hair dressers do u see still working" and ive seen lots lol and they work with the stuff all day. ...
Up to u but I havent had a problem

I've done mine (grey was poking through!) and used an ammonia free hair dye called Olia.

I'm still getting my hair done, I get foils put in every 6 weeks or so.

Thanks everyone :) I can't wait to get it done, we're going away next week so defo needs it lol :D xx

I haven't got it done but not because I don't think it's safe... just because I'm lazy :(

I have but to be honest, the fumes were choking me so bad, I wish I hadn't. I was in the bathroom and had the door and two windows open and it was stinging my eyes and nose!
I think it's different depending on the colour maybe, because I've dyed my hair loads of different shades and it was never as bad as this red one seems to be x

I dyed my own hair a couple of times in the 2nd trimester, I got advice from my midwife and hairdresser before hand and they both said it would be fine. Now I'm way too big to do it myself but my friend is coming today to colour it for me and to give it a little trim to cheer me up :) I think its all down to personal preference really, if you decide to colour it yourself then do it in a well ventilated room and don't use bleach x

I have mine dyed and bleached every month.
Nhs website says there are absolutely no concerns. Can't get better advice than them I guess x

I've done mine three times while pregnant, semi permanent, and will do it one last time before I give birth. You're absolutely fine!

yep I've done mine couple of times since being pregnant, did it last night in fact :)

I dyed mine this week, no problems whatsoever. Just made sure the windows were open, to be honest I hardly smelt any fumes!

I have dyed mine 3 times, once in each trimester. 1st time I just had foils to prevent it touching my scalp needed the roots doing as my brother was getting married!! 2nd and 3rd time full head of all over colour. I am now 37 weeks and so pleased I had the 3rd colour on Tues cause I feel sooooooo much better!!! I feel like me again!!!

I'm still getting mine coloured every few months. I'll hopefully get it done again just before baby arrives.

I used to work in a hairdressers an we had pregnant women in all the time. Myself i have dyed my hair throughout my pregnancy an im bleached blonde an ive been fine :)

If you are having highlights and they use foils then none of it goes on your scalp so it is very unlikely it will do any harm....
I have had highlights twice this pregnancy x

Yeah I have! I did it the other week after my friend pointed out that she'd "never noticed my grey hair before"

Cue - angry face! So I bought some hair dye and did it. Was fine - choked a little by the smell but then I always am as it's not pleasant.

Well I've had it done :) it came out fine lol I knew it would just a momentarily panic lol thanks everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->