Anyone electing c section due to large baby?

Wow Alice! That bubs looks like a big baby for sure!! And im relieved to hear to you say he slipped out..I was looking at him...imaging my foo foo...and horror swept over me!! Does carrying out front mean bigger babies? I'm all bump-out front but 5ft 10 with it..ill upload a pic! Well done Alice! Yes the tearing scares me a tad-but that seems to happen with rushed pushing??

I had a planned csection for other reasons and it was fine. I think its a case of talking with mw etc closer to date to see what is best for mother and baby.

Yes there are risks with csections as there are with 'normal' and a lot of other things in life. My lo had silent reflux but due to the fact that she had cmpi. Otger than that she was the healthiest baby out of famiky and friends who had normal deliveries around the same time so dont let 'statistics' scare you hun.

Xx

Wow Alice! That bubs looks like a big baby for sure!! And im relieved to hear to you say he slipped out..I was looking at him...imaging my foo foo...and horror swept over me!! Does carrying out front mean bigger babies? I'm all bump-out front but 5ft 10 with it..ill upload a pic! Well done Alice! Yes the tearing scares me a tad-but that seems to happen with rushed pushing??

you are 5'10"?! I cant say this with any scientific background, but the logical side of me wants to say that it would make sense that your baby *could* be "bigger" than the "average" because your body is able to carry more baby (though that certainly doesnt gurantee it as they come in all shapes and sizes and from moms of various heights). My point is this, doesn't it make sense that if you are taller than most, your body can accomodate a larger baby than most? Thats not to say that shorties dont birth large babies (my mom is 5'0 and birthed a 10+lb baby vaginally and unmedicated) or that tall ladies dont have smaller babies, but my point is you are def taller than the average woman, so i would think the idea of "too big of a baby" wouldn't apply as much to you (not that i really buy into "big baby syndrome" often anways-outside of medical issues).

Also, as a PP pointed out, large baby is not a reason for induction or CS per the new ACOG guidelines. ...tbh, if i were in your shoes i would highly reconsider switching providers. They are worried about size alreayd and you arn't even term..and they are suggesting CS, already? Something doesn't seem right here but that is merely my own personal opinion and of course reflects no judgement on you. I mean, i guess i dont understand why they would "allow" a "trial of labor" beforehand. The female body is pretty amazing and yes may require help in some situations, you can't know until you are in labor how its gonna go. There are many ladies here that are proof of that. As long as you know you made a well informed decision, then be confident in that. ...if you are second guessing it (which appears to be the case, but i could be totally wrong), then maybe you know the answer already ;)

Guppy!! I'm scared now ;-) well this is my bump at 32 weeks
https://db.tt/RytEVrqs

And 34weeks
https://db.tt/SFvaMqg6

I have a very neat bump..but yes more room for him to grow too I suppose! I will ask my mw..think a growth scan can be requested!

:haha: LOL too funny.

You look great hon! Doesn't mean a big baby will happen at all, just more my point was that your body can handle more if it did happen.

You'll be fine <3
But either way, no matter what choice you make, as long as you are happy with it and you are well informed, thats all that matters. Reguardless if you go CS or V, i think you will find some good support either way :flow:

:dohh: im a total idiot :blush:
I got confused and thought you were the OP :dohh: ignore me! haha.

oh my, my brain has gone to moosh. Pregnancy and motherhood melts it, it would seem :lol:

Yes I thought you may have been thinking that! OP sorry if I've taken up too much posting on your thread-ill back off now-the floors yours :)

:haha: thanks for your understanding :blush:

oh my gosh, i think i need a nap...and some food...yeah....food would be good right about now :rofl:

Yeah I'm 5'8 so not super tall but pretty tall.

Ds was 7 lbs 4 oz and born at 40+2
Dd was 7 lbs 3 oz and born at 37+5

Taller women generally just have taller babies, not necessarily chunkier. And dads genetics do play a role in that as well.

I wouldn't worry too much hun. I'm VERRRRY way out in front at the moment - when I say torpedo shape I really mean it lol.

944942_345444275582407_586879968_n.jpg

My last one gave me a 2nd degree tear but it was mostly internal and honestly the recovery from it wasn't too bad. He wasn't difficult to actually push out though - at one point he was half wriggling himself out lol

I've had three previously large babies (10lbs 10oz, 10lbz 1oz, 11lbs 0.7oz). All delivered vaginally.
I reckon I could tackle another big one again. I'd rather take my chances with doing it vaginally than have to go through the major surgery of a c-section.

Besides, these growth scans are not always that accurate tbh. I'd take it with a pinch of salt if I were you.

Holy smokes! Those are some big babies! And it wasn't just one of yours, it's all of them! Kudos! Mine was 8 lbs 10 oz, and she didn't seem tiny like a newborn to me even.
Just had to say wow, and bless your heart!

lol thank you. Yeah my youngest was a bit like a baby elephant, though funnily enough he slid out the easiest despite being the biggest

10422_156649149457_3198017_n.jpg

goodness only knows what size this one is gonna be. Hopefully not a world-record beater anyway lol.

Yes you are a rock star. I just love this pic you posted of your newborn. Pretty much like a 3 month old!! I will be checking back on here to see how your fourth one goes. Best wishes to you, but you don't need it, you do perfectly fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->