Anyone else 5 weeks late?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Ok so my last period was November 23. Had a miscarriage last January. A few months after that my cycles became normal. My average cycle days are 37. It ranges from 30-40.. 40 being the latest.. I've never missed a period! Ever since my period has been late I've been getting a bunch of :bfn:'s and a negative blood test at 3 weeks late.. Still feel pregnant... Acne, headaches, abdominal/pelvic cramps, fatigue, increased cervical fluid, swollen/sensitive achy boobs.. and certain smells are really intense for my nose :)

Gotta get a new OB/GYN so hoping it won't be long until I can find out what's going on! If my period doesn't start in 2 days then I'll be 2 cycles late...

Anyone else this late???

My last period was November 28! My OB/GYN didn't seem too concerned when I saw her early January (we were under the impression that AF was on its way, as I have irregular periods). I've taken two tests every week since then, and still no AF! I e-mailed her on Thursday, so hopefully I'll hear from her Monday-Tuesday. I'm wondering if I need to get my thyroid tested, or if I need something to bring on AF. I'll let you know what she says!

I'm in a similar shituation too. CD63 now, latest AF has ever been before was CD40: so 23 days late.
Not got many symptoms except some nausea,dizziness and cramping. Had spotting for the last 3 days but I can't believe this is AF - surely it would be heavy or at least normal bleeding after 63 days

I'm in a similar shituation too. CD63 now, latest AF has ever been before was CD40: so 23 days late.
Not got many symptoms except some nausea,dizziness and cramping. Had spotting for the last 3 days but I can't believe this is AF - surely it would be heavy or at least normal bleeding after 63 days

I have also been experiencing a lot of dizziness. I wonder if it's related....

My OBGYN called today, and scheduled me an appointment for first thing Wednesday morning...

My OBGYN called today, and scheduled me an appointment for first thing Wednesday morning...

Oh gosh! Keep me updated! I'm now 2 cycles late! Going to my OBGYN next Tuesday!

Any update???

Oh gosh! Keep me updated! I'm now 2 cycles late! Going to my OBGYN next Tuesday!

I went in this morning for blood work (to rule out PCOS and Thyroid). She told me she wasn't too concerned about either of those, but she wanted to make sure. She prescribed me 12 days of progesterone to bring on AF. She said after I stop the progesterone, if I don't have AF in about 10 days to let her know. She gave me two refills, just in case it happens again. If I'm still having issues around May, she said we'll do a round of progesterone followed by Clomid!

How are you??

Any update???

Going to the doctors monday. Hoping for something to kick start a new cycle

To answer the title of this thread, I am not 5 weeks late. But, I am 16 days late. My last period was dec 22 and that one was 3 days early and very light (more like spotting). Since then, I did opks in January for 10 days (all neg) and then about 10 hpts. Before this cycle, I have had 5 completely regular 31 day cycles since coming off BC. I've never missed a period or been later than 31 days (even before BC). I am only on my 2nd cycle ttc, but I'm frustrated that this is the time my body chooses to go all out of whack. I did confirm negative with a blood test at my obgyn' office last week. So, now I am just waiting and waiting for AF to show up and for my cycle to somehow go back into regular rhythm. Going to see my obgyn on feb 18, also, to address anything else going on. Good luck, ladies! ��

Have you been ruled out for PCOS? It sounds like your hormones are off. I have seen a lot of your posts in regards to feeling pregnant and not sure if you ovulated. I also remember a thread you started ages ago about being 24+ days late, felling pregnant and negative tests. I bring this up because the TTC journey can make us lose a little touch of reality because we are so hopeful for our rainbow. I really think you would benefit from a total workup to find out what is really going on with you.

I would see an RE if you can swing it. I have had multiple miscarriages and seeing my RE made me feel so much better. I do not have PCOS but I do have MTHFR, which may be the cause of my Recurrent pregnancy loss. I loved my follicle study. This determined the length of my follicular phase as well as my luteal phase. I also loved knowing the day I ovulated and the size of my follicle. I had this done without medication and later with medication. The blood panel done by my RE was an immense help and I know where I stand in the TTC journey. Not knowing what is going on or the current status of your fertile health can cause more stress and prevent pregnancy and also prevent a period from coming. I am in the military and assure you that stress has a huge impact on our cycle. In my boot camp flight, very few women even got their period the entire time and we were there for 8 weeks. This also happens on deployments.

My RE also requires her IVF patients to get acupuncture. She even has an acupuncturist in her office. I have done acupuncture and it is very relaxing. I know all of these things are very expensive and may not be manageable. I would absolutely do whatever it takes to see an RE though. Knowing where you stand, even if it is bad, is a game changer and a way to start successfully TTC.

Good luck to you and I hope you figure out why your cycles are off. You may want to go through your old posts and print them out for your RE visit. You may be shocked when you see there is a pattern and you have in fact been extremely late or even missed a cycle before. A Reproductive Endocrinologist may even be able to figure out what this pattern is before the tests come back since you have such thorough notes.

I am rarely on here since I am no longer seeking information and I feel it adds to my stress. I just got back from an 8 month deployment and we are going to see what happens. I will check in periodically to see if you have an update. If you do have PCOS, which seems likely, you will have a treatment plan and hopefully your rainbow shortly after. Ask them to do a MTHFR test to see if you have it as well.

UPDATE:

So I went to my new OBGYN and she did an ultrasound. Come to find out I have a bunch of cysts on my ovaries and i don't have a mature egg. So she diagnosed me with PCOS.. So I got to start progesterone supplements and Clomid to help us conceive. That's the only reason why we conceived last year cause I was on clomid. All the symptoms I'm having was like a puzzle being put together. For 7 years I couldn't get pregnant and this was why. Glad I got a fresh start now!

How are you ladies?

UPDATE:

So I went to my new OBGYN and she did an ultrasound. Come to find out I have a bunch of cysts on my ovaries and i don't have a mature egg. So she diagnosed me with PCOS.. So I got to start progesterone supplements and Clomid to help us conceive. That's the only reason why we conceived last year cause I was on clomid. All the symptoms I'm having was like a puzzle being put together. For 7 years I couldn't get pregnant and this was why. Glad I got a fresh start now!

How are you ladies?

I'm glad you have some answers! I'm on progesterone right now. My first was conceived without any intervention (I was actually on birth control) so we're hoping the progesterone reminds my system what to do! If I'm not ovulating by May, I'll follow my third round of progesterone with Clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->