Anyone else actually looking forward to the budget thingy tomorrow?

[any better for you.[/QUOTE]

Lets give him 30K for him and his misses and a couple of kiddies to live on and see how far they get. Dont think they realise how much the cost of living actually is nowadays - well for your average joe anyway..[/QUOTE]

30k? thats a bit generous! Give him my 8k, take his wife away and chuck in 4 kids.. THEN see if he changes his mind :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thats a stupid thing to say. Maybe he provides for his family and works as well, thats a novel idea!!!!

£1145 = rent and council tax per month
£221 = gas, electricity and my sons swimming lessons per month
£100 = childcare per month

so that's £1461 + tv liscense, thames water, credit card debt i'm trying to pay off. oh and + travel money for my OH to get to work, car tax insurance, petrol etc

and we earn about £1100 a month lol! oh and my £80 child benefit

the rest we have to find by me selling away all my possesions!

and i still think we are 'doing ok'

But i don't understand how you 'live' then. You are saying that each month you spend hundreds more than you earn?To me that is not 'living' that is getting into debt, which i personally won't do.

Surey an income of 12k, will give you a take home of around £800 per month? plus £80 CB? so that's 880? Your rent and CT are 1145 on their own-how are you surviving?

errr i'm not in debt?! if you read my post i said i sell my stuff to pay for things. The thing is we don't have an option right now, we were better off before but we have moved into my dads house to care for him. this means paying all his bills and morgage as well for the time being as he has a very low income (his pension)

oh and we earn 'just over 12k' couldn't remember the exact amount as it's OHs wage... think it may be more around 13k? but i know after tax we earn just over £1000 a month. then we have child benefit of £80

I did read your post, otherwise how would i have known to respond?!

I wouldn't really care other than the fact you seem to be telling people to just 'budget better', which isn't always possible. But from your post you have noted you spend around £1700 each month, if not more, with an income of around £1100, that's an awful amount of stuff you are selling.Not everyone has that much lying around waiting to be sold on.

My oh earns just under £1,100 per month.. All our bills if we got no help what so ever would be around £1,300ish

and we dont exactly live in a expencive area

Ok i dont work but im trying to get onto a college course not that there is many jobs around here

One thing that always bugs me throughout threads like this is how employers can get away with paying people so little :(

I see people on these threads working for a full time wage for what myself and others get on a part time wage which is significantly less hours. I know location, qualifications and skill pay a huge part, it just kinda makes me feel a little bad and that people are being sold short for putting in so many hours iykiwm? :(

One thing that always bugs me throughout threads like this is how employers can get away with paying people so little :(

I see people on these threads working for a full time wage for what myself and others get on a part time wage which is significantly less hours. I know location, qualifications and skill pay a huge part, it just kinda makes me feel a little bad and that people are being sold short for putting in so many hours iykiwm? :(

i agree its horrible some of these pays My OH fineshed school with 11GCSE's Grade A-B and has his forklift licence and his take home is just under £1,100 as a warehouse manager.. while his company also breaks the law having only him as warehouse staff :dohh: even though they just saved over £50k per year because 2 people quit but then cannot affored to give him a pay rise :nope:

At the end of the day, I don't feel that families who are struggling should feel ashamed of claiming benefits like CTC to help them get by, after all, the money is there to help the children after all. It's not a child's fault if their parents are struggling financially. Like someone else posted, we all have different circumstances and someone could be made a single parent and left with heaps of debt by a partner.

On the other hand, I do feel it's pretty pointless arguing what we all consider to be a lot of earnings and what is not. Again we are all different and what might be a fortune for one family is not for another. Often low income families get financial help in the form of CTCs and housing benefit whereas others often cannot claim a penny. Also as you up the income ladder, your outgoings increase as well as you take on a mortgage, buy a car etc. People often moan about higher earners, but these higher earners have generally grafted to get where they are, often taking on things like student debt on the way. There accessible cash a month may not be a heck of a lot more than those on the 20k bracket and they would have to have paid everything without getting benefits.

i agree its horrible some of these pays My OH fineshed school with 11GCSE's Grade A-B and has his forklift licence and his take home is just under £1,100 as a warehouse manager.. while his company also breaks the law having only him as warehouse staff :dohh: even though they just saved over £50k per year because 2 people quit but then cannot affored to give him a pay rise :nope:

It is :(

I think the minimum wage should be made quite a bit higher, or that you can only be on minimum wage for XXX amount of time if you stay in the same employment.

I see some people getting about £5 per hour, and considering some of the work people do, esp manual labour, i think thats awful :(

Reading this and the situation alot of people seem to be in makes me annoyed!! me and OH have an annual income of around £40k, but that includes all our bonuses and overtime (obviously I am not going to be able to do as much overtime now), and we live 'ok'. We dont splash the cash. Ok we have luxuries like sky and our own cars etc, but thats as far as that goes! Obviously the change to tax credits isnt going to effect everyone dramatically, but if we were bringing home £27k we would have to re-structure our entire lives, so i can totally see how families rely on tax credits to see them through!!

it must be really nice for him and his family to live in London for free, and have their other home on expenses, and have a salary as large as his!! i'm not saying his job is easy for one minute, but I really dont think he is in tune with 'real living' at all :nope:

ETA - dont know if it has been mentioned or not, but apparently they have increased the tax threshold by £2000?? :shrug: that means (assuming you earn enough in the first place) that we are all about £250/year better off...but I agree, they should raise the minimum wage. One of the guys at our place has a 1year old to look after and a house to run and he is on LESS than min wage coz he is an apprentice :shock:

It is :(

I think the minimum wage should be made quite a bit higher, or that you can only be on minimum wage for XXX amount of time if you stay in the same employment.

I see some people getting about £5 per hour, and considering some of the work people do, esp manual labour, i think thats awful :(

at one point when the forklift broke my OH had to climb up 30/40ft racking to lift drumkits ect down with no safety wear.. in fact health and saftey almost shut them down for the amount of wrongs in that place.. Working in the snow with no heating **still no heating put in btw** sometimes wroking from 6am-10pm without overtime pay.. and his worked there since he left school been there since the company started and is treated liek crap

:nope: i suppose im lucky that although me and liam are fairly low paid, we work for decent privately owned companies with management you can see & talk to everyday... it does make life easier. My MD talks to me about his swimming pool, but he gives me advice on banks and stuff... he helps me a lot, and both my directors realise what life is like for us admin/assistant staff, as they see us all the time. I sort of feel lucky in a way, that i know i'm safe there & that they honestly do everything they can to better the company for us. if only all companies were the same so everyone at least had job security, low income or not. x

just worked it out abit better per month we get 1022.75 ... so thats £5.17 per hour

£4.83 Min wage for 18-21 year olds
£5.80 Min wage aged 22 and over

minimum wage was brought in by labour. I dont think we'd have a min wage if torys stayed in and really, i dont see it going up anytime soon.

£1145 = rent and council tax per month
£221 = gas, electricity and my sons swimming lessons per month
£100 = childcare per month

so that's £1461 + tv liscense, thames water, credit card debt i'm trying to pay off. oh and + travel money for my OH to get to work, car tax insurance, petrol etc

and we earn about £1100 a month lol! oh and my £80 child benefit

the rest we have to find by me selling away all my possesions!

and i still think we are 'doing ok'

But i don't understand how you 'live' then. You are saying that each month you spend hundreds more than you earn?To me that is not 'living' that is getting into debt, which i personally won't do.

Surey an income of 12k, will give you a take home of around £800 per month? plus £80 CB? so that's 880? Your rent and CT are 1145 on their own-how are you surviving?

errr i'm not in debt?! if you read my post i said i sell my stuff to pay for things. The thing is we don't have an option right now, we were better off before but we have moved into my dads house to care for him. this means paying all his bills and morgage as well for the time being as he has a very low income (his pension)

oh and we earn 'just over 12k' couldn't remember the exact amount as it's OHs wage... think it may be more around 13k? but i know after tax we earn just over £1000 a month. then we have child benefit of £80

I did read your post, otherwise how would i have known to respond?!

I wouldn't really care other than the fact you seem to be telling people to just 'budget better', which isn't always possible. But from your post you have noted you spend around £1700 each month, if not more, with an income of around £1100, that's an awful amount of stuff you are selling.Not everyone has that much lying around waiting to be sold on.

just thought i'd reply and say i have tons of stuff from when me and OH both used to work and didn't have much outgoings! like my computer and old perfume i collected (some which aren't made anymore and go for 100+ on ebay) plus my father used to collect stamps when he was well and has 1000s worth of stamps laying around which we are sorting through and getting rid of.

at the moment it works for us. i've been in loads of situations before and made them work for myself! i lived on the streets at 14... and i still didn't compain about money or expect the government to pay for me when i was 16 i met OH and moved into his rented house and we were both working we earnt wellenough for ourselves and spent it too! as we'd never had the luxury before.. then at 19 i had my baby and was on one income doing ok.... now at 20 we have had to move in with my dad to look after him and pay his bills his mortgage everything.. its not choice its just how it is at the moment and we are doing everything possible to give ourselves a decent life at the moment. Just explaining my situation as i guess people don't understand it!

once again just trying to point out people like me, and people earning a lot less 5k, 8k whatever... half the time they moan less than people earning like 40k or 50k! ans people on 83k claiming tax credits??? LOL thank god we voted tories in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->