Anyone else asthmatic

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
My asthma has become worse & worse towards the end of my pregnancy 😞. I have already had 2 courses of steroids for it. (8 tables a day for 7 days) in the last 6 weeks. I also take seretide 500mg & 2 inhalers of ventolin every 2 weeks. I also have a nebuliser at home. What I'm asking is do you think all this can be harmful to baby?

I suffered quite badly with my asthma during pregnancies, like you I had multiple courses of steroids, antibiotics, went though my inhalers fast. I didn't go on the nebuliser much but I was reassured every time that the rest was fine for LO. The only thing that was really mentioned was that it could affect their birth weights (that they might be on the smaller side) but they were all fine weights. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Hun 😘.
I'll speak to my consultant on Wednesday. See what she says x

You really have to balance the pros and cons with medications sometimes. Yes there may be a possible side affect but I think in your situation the effects of you not being on the medication to get your asthma back under control will be worse than anything that the medication could cause. I have been lucky my asthma has remained stable and under control thru the pregnancy.

I have brittle asthma anyways. But it has been worse to control coz 1 of my meds I'm not allowed. I just wondered if it was safe to be taking all these for so long in late pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->