Anyone else cosleep with restless baby....

Willow01

Reaction score
My 11 month old has recently decided that she doesn't want to sleep in her cot and to keep the peace we decided to cosleep with her, that way everyone gets sleep....or so I thought. Since she started sleeping with us I get a few hours sleep if I am lucky, she is so restless! Moving around for what seems like a lot of the night, sitting up then throwing herself back down, crying but not awake. I am now really starting to regret my decision to cosleep but not sure if she would be happy with trying to get her back into the cot....what happened to my sleep!!!

Mine wasn't restless so much as stirring and waking frequently sometimes. Have you tried a co-sleeping cot? Or just finding a way to create more space between you so she might not wake you when she moves around? She'll be too big for any of the 'co-sleeping cots' you can buy, but we just used a normal sized one (like what you already have), took the side off and attached it to our bed. Or if you don't have enough space, could your partner sleep elsewhere so you can move over a bit more. We co-slept full-time from birth to 3.5, but from probably that age, my husband slept in a single bed in our bedroom so that we had the whole double (and then when she got older, they switched and she slept in the single). It meant I could move away from her when she moved around lots and it didn't disturb me as much. That said, whatever is causing her disrupted sleep is probably causing much of the restlessness, so it will likely all die down soon.

I co-sleep. Reluctantly (((

From birth till 6 months my lo slept in her chicco next to me. It was awesome. At 6 months we moved her to her room to her own cot. I put a mattress next to her cot so that i could be near when she wakes up or cries. Did not go well. 2.5 months later i am still on that mattress but now she is with me on it. This is not awesome.

She doesnt accept her cot any more and only sleeps on the mattress ((( she is very fidgety and i get next to no sleep. But she has had 3 sicknesses since 6 months old and i am feeling that i should delay the transition.

It starts tomorrow!!! (Prob not ((( help meeeee(((

Me! Well, she sleeps in her cot until around 3am and then starts to wake up unless I bring her into bed. This wasn't too bad at first as she was mainly still. I didn't sleep as well as I find it uncomfortable maintaining one position. Recently, she's started to writhe around and scream without waking up, which means I don't get much sleep when she comes in. I'm thinking it might be teething related as she's just cut two teeth, at least I hope so!

All babies sleep restlessly after midnight-ish. They are typically in deep sleep from 7-12 and then restless for the rest of the night.

I co-slept too until it became impossible, now he sleeps 11 hrs without a peep at night in his room. Took 3-4 days/nights of sleep training hell but I've felt like a normal human being ever since. Best thing we've ever done.

I co-sleep with my daughter occasionally (when she's fussy/poorly) and my goodness, she's like a little ferret! She wiggles and wiggles and pulls my hair, grabs my face, accidentally smacks me- she's only 7 months! The other night when I brought her in my bed I woke up to her sitting up and staring at my face :rofl:

That's only ocasionally for me though, you have my sympathies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->