Anyone else ever feel like this while WTT?

Eyes On Fire

Reaction score
I haven't had any children yet, but sometimes I really want to TTC because I'm scared that I'm not going to be able to have children. That something is wrong with me or that something is going to be wrong with OH. I know right now it shouldn't be a big concern but sometimes the fact that I don't know makes me want to TTC and I know right now isn't the right time. Does anybody else ever feel like this? How do you deal with it?

A few years ago, before my friends started having babies, we would talk about this quite a bit. I did wonder the same, did ttc successfully but then lost the baby to a fatal development issue (which they said was bad luck, not either of our doing).

So, short form, yes, I have felt that way. I think it's a lot of the unexpected and just plain not knowing. We can hope that everything is ok, and we can want everything to be ok, but the only true way to tell is if we do actually go through with it and try and successfully have that baby. How do I deal with it? (Now I wonder what loosing the baby has done to my system, etc, it never ends!). I just put faith in the system. The world functions because women have babies. The real clincher for me was when my partner told me if we did have a problem naturally, that he would do anything to have a family with me, including all options, surrogate, ivf, adoption. So, I know that we'll get there, it's just a matter of when is all.

I was so sure that it was going to take us forever to conceive because I was convinced that we would have issues that we started earlier than we would have other wise. We fell pregnant on our second cycle. I'm at the start again, wondering if that was my chance, if it will happen again, blah, blah, blah. But really, it did happen once, I'm grateful for that, I pray it'll happen again and everything will work out.

This is a very common thought, so don't worry, I am sure everything will be fine xxx

I felt like this as someone i thought was my friend told me as i had a termination years ago that it would be hard to have any more. I was so convinced for years that this would be the truth but it wasn't.

I think its natrual to worry about getting pregnant as it's something that most people really want. I bet it will all be great for you.

Like calm said i think its a common thought.
I just think its me going through all my emotions lol x

Totally know what you mean. I'm 26 so still youngish I guess, but as both me and OH have never had children it's like, how do we know everything is working? We're assuming it could take up to 6 months, but what if a year goes and we're still not pg.. etc etc...

I guess you won't know till you start trying, so no point worrying - but I totally sympathise. More than likely you won't have any issues, and even if you do there is lots of help you can get these days. :)

Yeah have had these thoughts myself, with the problems other members in my family have had it worries me slightly, but then i can't just use that as a reason to get pregnant :)

I think about it all the time, I'm sure everything will be fine but I guess its the not knowing that freaks us out.

I've had this thoughts, sometimes it is pretty overpowering because you start thinking "We could start TTC right NOW, just to make sure..." I've learnt just to push those sorts of thoughts to the back of my head, look after myself (as much as possible) so I reduce any risk of spoiling my system now and have confidence in the fact that there's no big reason for either of us to have any issues. If we do when we start, we deal with it there and then, not worry about it now.

I have a baby and we are WTT but it still pops into my head but a bit differert

I know what you mean hun. I worry about this all the time. Hopefully everything will be ok x

That's weird, I was just about to start a thread along the same lines. Even though I'm still in my twenties, have always been regular etc., I have this feeling that there's no way my body could do something as crazy as create a whole new person, that something must be wrong that will prevent that from happening. I don't really have any tips on how to deal with it- good to know I'm not the only one though :)

*typing a colon and a bracket creates a smily-face?? Cool! lol. yes, easily amused. :)*

See I think that's part of it..it's kinda unbelievable that MY body can make a person!! AND because I've been having sex for (so-long) that I can get pregnant, even though I haven't so far!! Even though I know it's because we've been using protection etc...You just think "How can a tiny pill stop all those spermies from making a baby?!"

yeah it definitely goes through my mind often, especially as the rest of my family seem soooo fertile!!!! x

Thanks so much everyone for posting. I feel so much better knowing that I'm not alone.

Yes I felt like this and actually still do. I know so many people that have had problems that I am paranoid. The only way that you can deal with it is to remain positive otherwise you will always be down about it all xx

I have always been paranoid! I have been with my OH for years.. and years and years!!!!.. we always used protection! up until febuary 2007! the first time we tried.. I got pregnant with twins.. Yes.. Twins!!!!.. unfortunatly they were born sleeping :cry::cry:.. ever since then we didnt use protection.. the doctor told us to wait 3 months after the twins to start trying again.. and it took me until october 2008 to fall pregnant again! A looooong time.. I was so worried that something had gone wrong! but your body knows when it is time again, since i was working out of town we only:sex: once in october and i got my BFP the beginning of november..!!!! So you all have nothing to worry about it just might take a while to get that extra strong :spermy: in the end it is soo worth the wait, I just looove my baby girl so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->