Anyone else experiencing bad skin?!

CKJ

Reaction score
Hiya

Iv never had great skin n have been on Dianette for 5yrs to control it. When I came off I was terrified but skin was better than ever, then I got preg n still no spots. Following miscarriage tho OMG! Not only r they on my face but my neck my back AND chest. What's worse is that they cone up as lumps rather than whiteheads n instantly get infected and go red and horrid. One on my neck was so bad I named him Gigantor and had to check with a chemist as it was so infected! Talk about adding insult to injury! Plus I don't want to put too much stuff on them as we are still trying. I'm HOPING it means my progesterone levels r high which would make for sticky beans but they r REALLY unsightly :-( I hav more spots than the teenagers I teach! Lol

Anyone else with a similar prob?

Xx

I had the same, finally settled about 8-9 weeks after the miscarriage.

Not to quite the same extent but yes. I too have always had pretty rubbish skin (I also took Dianette for years). Pregnancy and breastfeeding totally sorted it out for me but I have started getting them again now post m/c. They're not too bad at the moment but getting more and more. High progesterone makes sense. If they're really bothering you there is an antibiotic which is safe in pregnancy but the name of it eludes me right now! Possibly erythromycin??

Hi, Hanskiz (sorry dunno how to put quotes in!) - erythromycin is the baaaad one for pregnancy & TTC, Wld love to know which one is ok though as had to stop erythromycin & now super-duper spotty!
MMx

Hey Cefalaxin is the ok one. HOWEVER I was given it for a suspected UTI (which I now think was implantation - it ocurred exactly on that date) and then miscarried at 5weeks. Obv it could have been the UTI, the tablets OR perhaps it implanted wrong hence giving me pain n making me feel like I had a UTI but just in case I am staying well away from antibiotics from now on just in case! I have special acne cream but it hasn't been properly tested to c whether it's ok for preg so I'm loathe to use it at mo- my Dr said to count my miscarriage as my cycle so AF would hav been 'due' last thurs, no sign yet n the odd symptom that cud be PMT or early preg so until I knw either way I'm avoiding everything...if N when AF turns up tho I may bathe in the stuff!! Lol

Xx

Best to avoid any. Cefalexin can cause C. Diff colitis, although rare, andin the UK we're encouraged to avoid it if at all possible. You could use most creams apart from those with retinoids in (adapalene and Differin in the UK)

I haven't really had bad skin as such, more dreadful hair. My hair is so greasy but the ends are really dry. It started while I was pregnant but unfortunately hasn't left me despite the mc. In the end I have gotten fed up with and have cut my hair short - it was in a chin length bob but now it is pixie style short.

I definately do have more spots than usual but thankfully not that many.

yep my skin is in a mess..... when preg my hair went all dry and straw like, i have a leave in conditioning spray which sorted it out and now its lovely again

as for my skin i'm hoping this breakout means i'm preggers again

Just popping in to add my experience. I've had 3 early mc, and after every single one my skin has broken out horribly, not only on my face, but on my back and chest too. Just to rub more salt in the wound, right?

It must be the sudden change in hormones. It does eventually settle down.

So sorry for your losses.

Glad I'm not the only one getting outbreaks! It's really getting me down but am hopeful for it starting to clear soon as other peoples has! I hav a holiday in a couple of weeks, hoping the sun will blast them away!!

Xx

I noticed bad skin after my mc but I wondered if was actually from pregnancy and not the mc... it is getting better now.

Mine has been horid since I got off bcp last April! After my last mc I went to the dermotologist and he gave me doxycycline, epiduo (adapalene plus benzyl peroxide), and a sodium sulfacetamide wash. I've been taking these for the last 5 weeks. I plan to stop all 3 as soon as I get a negative hpt, which hasn't happened yet. The dermotologist says they all will leave my body quickly. Anyone see anything wrong with taking these pre-conception?

OMG I can always rely on you ladies :hugs:

My skin has been really pissing me off the last few weeks and its just getting worse. I have never really suffered with spots, some months i would get one or two around AF but nothing like this.

They have gotten worse since coming off BCP but not to this degree, i have had two or three for the last 4/5 weeks its horrendous and they are blind and painful. As if we dont have enough to deal with, hormones are crap!!

I wake up to a new friend every day

My face breaking out was the first sign i was pregnant with my first... and has been horrible ever since my MC and that was back in november... sadly now everytime it gets worse i start to hope i'm going to get another BFP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->