Anyone else fall in love all over again with OH/DH during this pregnancy?

Misslatino

Trying for #2
Reaction score
OH and I are both 22. We were trying but not obsessing (well he wasn't hehe!) when we got pregnant. I guess I didn't really think it through because after getting the good news I became extremely stressed and just wanted my mom. We lived in Louisiana at the time and my mother lived in Arizona. OH quit his job and we packed up and moved to my moms so that I could be less stressed. All of his family is still in Louisiana and they gave him a hard time... Well MIL did... about taking their first grand baby away and he said that if I was going to be happier in AZ then I deserved to be there and he wasn't going to have me being stressed at all. He found a job out here and works overtime so that I don't have to.

When he and I met we met in a bar and were both just kids but now the boy I fell in love with has grown into this amazing man and I fell all over again! I'm amazed each day by all he does for me and this baby.

Sorry for the long post of bragging about my man but I just had to share! I'm sure when I see him hold our daughter it will even be more overwhelming. Anyone else feeling similar?

110%!! Not only that but even after the baby got here. Times can be so stressful from lack of sleep..exhaustion. Now that our daughter is 2 I look back and love him more today than the day we married. We've been through so much and got through it all together. I'm so proud of him and "us"...not only that but I see the way my hubby treats me vs some other guys treat their pregnant wives and I see how blessed I am!!!

110%!! Not only that but even after the baby got here. Times can be so stressful from lack of sleep..exhaustion. Now that our daughter is 2 I look back and love him more today than the day we married. We've been through so much and got through it all together. I'm so proud of him and "us"...not only that but I see the way my hubby treats me vs some other guys treat their pregnant wives and I see how blessed I am!!!

There are definitely pregnant women who don't get lucky! Feel so bad for some of my friends when I see how they are treated!

I feel the same way. He takes care of me even when I am not being so loveable. He never complains or seems bothered when I have my lazy moments with housework and cooking. I just feel so much love and support. Couldn't ask for a better partner in life. :)

Yes! I love this thread, there is so much 'man bashing' that goes on it's so refreshing to see some happiness :)

Over the past few months I have felt so close to hubbie. We were always close and I've always been crazy about him but my pregnancy has added a whole new dimension to that.

He looks after me without treating me like I'm incapable, and has really thrown himself into his new role as a father - he's been reading all the pregnancy books, watch One Born with me every week, and has generally been so so excited about the little one growing in my tummy.

I feel so lucky xxx

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely days when my hormones have me wanting to rip his head off and I call him every name in the book but that's what makes it even more intense because he just laughs it off and forgives me. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling absolutely blessed. His sensitivity to ALL that has come with the pregnancy: mood swings, morning sickness, loss of sex drive, embarrassing gas and the fact that he's got to help put my shoes on because I'm too large... All of it just amazes me.

bless ya.

No i havent :haha:

it was extra special with our 1st,my hormones made me loved up

i found pregnancy hormones make u closer as babies strain a relationship when they come along

Pregnancy makes me very anxious about something happening to DH- both times this has happened.

During labor with my first he was my rock and he is the best daddy-- seeing him with our son has made me love him even more :) He was smitten with our little man from day one, despite many of my friends telling me men often don't bond with newborns. He also just brought me ice water and a Popsicle. I think I'll keep him. :thumbup::thumbup:

Not so much with the pregnancy but after DS was born I felt this whole new different kind of love for DH. I'd never seen him around kids before and the way he was with our baby and the way we all bonded changed something in me. It felt like proper family "this is home" sort of love.. And that's probably the last time I say anything like this before I'm in labour and telling him I'll kill him for getting me pregnant again. :haha:

Yes, by all the ranting ones..I thought it was only me. My DH is amazing and has always treated me good. Don't get me wrong we have our share of bad days(10 yrs. married)but once I get pregnant he changes into this lovable teddy bear, he makes sure we all want for nothing and that's never changed. I know most women have it so hard:)hugs:). But, for me to be able to finally give him with a mini him( DS2, DH first) is awesome.:wohoo:

Yes definitely in contrast to my first pregnancy I was 19 he was 20 and it was so stressful we just argued bit I look back and think of how he has grown into a fantastic partner and father and how he does more then most works hard helps around the house and no with this pregnancy lets me sleep makes me breakfast in bed and is so caring and loving im bery lucky to have him, although he can be a pain in tje arse lol xx

I love this thread!

With DS, I was wowed by my DH after DS was born. DH and I were going through some stuff during that pregnancy that neither of us wanted to face, so while he was attentive and did nothing that I could complain about, the adoration wasn't there. After DS we went through some hard times and had couples and individual counseling and we are stronger and more in love than ever before.

Now this pregnancy... wow. My DH has really stepped up. He is so overly cautious with me and tries to help do everything. He has really been amazing. I think every day I fall a little more in love with him.

I feel so blessed. I know there are many women out there who really struggle and I empathize with them, but it is so far from my own experience. I just have to be so grateful for what I have (and I am!).

yep absolutely. He has been so great and supportive throughout, I am very much in love <3

I am one of the lucky ones, finding out I was pregnant was the best thing to happen to us, I fell in love with DH all over again because while I was like you 22 and stressed he made me feel safe, secure and strong. That was 3 years ago and to this day I haven't had not one split second of doubting him or us, he's a brilliant father and husband.

I am one of the lucky ones, finding out I was pregnant was the best thing to happen to us, I fell in love with DH all over again because while I was like you 22 and stressed he made me feel safe, secure and strong. That was 3 years ago and to this day I haven't had not one split second of doubting him or us, he's a brilliant father and husband.

Such a wonderful story! I'm glad I'm not alone. I can't wait to see what a wonderful father my OH will be.

I know it's been a while for this thread, but I just wanted to add my story since I was just thinking about this very topic today. Our friends have two children now and she said she could not stand her husband the entire pregnancy for both. She just hated to be around him. Bummed me out and scared DH a fair bit.

Fast forward to us getting the good news a few weeks ago. Of course, I knew how considerate my husband is generally, but he has been absolutely adorable! This weekend I said one afternoon, "It's nap time." and he jumped up saying, "Snap time? It's snap time?" Then he did this crazy Carlton dance across the room to me, picked me up from the couch and took me to the bedroom while singing, "Snap time!" like a fool. I was laughing so hard! He tucked me in and backed out of the room and whispered, "Have a nice snap!"

I can't even tell you how that silliness made my day! What a sweet, wonderful, silly man! I love him. :)

Yup, we can't stop touching each other, kissing, making silly noises. We snuggle up together and he overheats so he goes to sleep cuddling my hand or my foot. He loves cuddling bump and it makes me smile everyday. I love my Hublet and can't wait for our daughter to join us xx

We are so so much closer this pregnancy, the first he was freaked out first time no clue dad lol, the 2nd he was going through personal issues after losing his mum and we drifted very very far apart. This time he is the most caring & supportive husband if I'm too tired to cook, he will. If I need a bath he entertains the children. He is excited about baby shopping & is already trying to plan something nice for my birthday in June :cloud9:

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->