anyone else feel like me?

amyclaire

TTC late July 2010 :D
Reaction score
Hey how many people here have a couple of years before ttc?

Me n me OH have to wait cause of the financial situation, just would be nice to share feelings about this - it kills me that we have to wait 4 years!!

Amycxx

Hey! I'm kind of in the same boat. It's not exactly money with us, more job security and stability but it means that we've also got about 3 years to wait.

Feels like a lifetime sometimes but then there's other times where I'm enjoying the fact that I don't have to grow up for a few years yet. There's a few things I want to do before as well, so that makes it easier.

Do you know it's going to be 4 years or is that just an estimate? Are you waiting for something specific? Or is it just that you want things to get better first?

were waiting at least another two years because im in the middle of my degree but i really want a baby, its heartbreaking to me.

But the right thing to do is wait until ive finished my degree, got a job secured and a mortgage. Marraige isnt a huge thing to me but OH says we have to be married before we TTC so all in all id say ill still be waiting in ten years haha

Heya, I've got 4yrs to wait as well while OH does a PhD. I'm feeling more positive about the wait at the moment as know there are things I would like to do first but the broodiness comes and goes.

Is it just finances holding you back? Why four years? If you don't mind me asking that is :)

I've got 9 months to wait, but have already been waiting ages. Only waiting for hubby to be ready. It's really hard waiting. What I find most difficult is when I see friends who have only been with partner a few months, don't have a job and don't have their own home get pregnant by accident. Bit of the green eyed monster coming out! If they can have a baby now why do I have to wait?! Despite all that, I'm glad we're doing it our way instead of their way.

I've got just under 6 months to go but we've been waiting for about 2-3 yrs to TTC, I feel your pain I really do :( I've tried to use the time to have lie ins, go on holiday, go out for a meal or to the cinema on a whim (you know the kind of things that you'd struggle to do with a baby) and to try and eat more healthily etc.

well - got reasons in common with lottttsss of those..
OH and i still have a year left of a degree, he wants to be married first, plus job security and mortgage.

i just feel a bit stupid thinking about having a baby when ive got ages to wait! im only 20 but i just feel so maternal.
how old is everyone whos wtt? where u all from? this is worldwide website isnt it coz im manchester, uk

amycxx

Do you know it's going to be 4 years or is that just an estimate? Are you waiting for something specific? Or is it just that you want things to get better first?

sorry forgot to reply to this bit -
4 years is an estimate yeah, its just about trying to work out how long its going to take to get into the secure place me and OH want to be in before ttc really.. to me, id be doing it now if we had the money... so therefore would have a house rather than an apartment etc.
i think he feels a bit differently, he physically doesnt feel ready yet, but yet he looks at kids all the time likes he wants us to. hes also so much more traditional about the marriage thing. i guess i do kind of agree.. but he thinks everything needs to be so structured. at the end of the day, if we had the money we'd be over the moon. its just getting the money!! not easy working around a degree as well! amycxx

Aw, you're soooo young though! One more year of uni (and that'll fly by, trust me!) and then you can get married if you like so that's something to do and before you'll know it you'll be ready. :hugs:
It might help to think about the things you'd like to do that you won't be able to do with children, like travelling and so on? And I'm sure planning a wedding will take your mind off things for a while as well. :D

I'm 26 and up in Scotland by the way.

ahhh i'm going crazy from broodiness :( :(
Career wise I should wait 10 yrs (I'm 21). And I'm single and yet to find 'the one' anyway.

If I was in a secure relationship I honestly think I'd just go for it.. I couldnt afford it but I'm sure things would sorta be ok.

Know how you feel :cry: me and dh are 26 and he wants to wait till we are both 30 for some reason- so a 4 year wait for me too

Iv got 2 years to wait because OH isent ready. I whish i had some thing like uni to keep my mind occupied.

Hey hun, we have waited this long (been together over 8 years!) because of our financial situation. We stupidly got ourselves into a tonne of debt that it was so overwhelming. We are now in control through a debt management plan and so although we'd feel better if we had no debt at all, our plan is expected to last 8 years and I just can't wait that long. So we feel that the fact we're in control means we're a lot more secure than we were. People keep telling us that you always find a way, but it was difficult to hear that when we were drowning in debt. I am sure they are right though! Good luck with the wait, it is heartbreaking at times x

OH and i still have a year left of a degree, he wants to be married first, plus job security and mortgage.

i just feel a bit stupid thinking about having a baby when ive got ages to wait! im only 20 but i just feel so maternal.
how old is everyone whos wtt? where u all from? this is worldwide website isnt it coz im manchester, uk

amycxx

am 21, from wirral by liverpool

xx

Hey, I'm 21 and I've just finished my first year at uni. I've got another 2 years left there and I might go on to do a masters, so that's another 1-2 years on top. Then after that will need to get financially secure, own house etc etc. Plus I want to do some travelling. So I definitely have quite a while to wait. At least your year left at uni will go quickly.

Hey hun, we have waited this long (been together over 8 years!) because of our financial situation. We stupidly got ourselves into a tonne of debt that it was so overwhelming. We are now in control through a debt management plan and so although we'd feel better if we had no debt at all, our plan is expected to last 8 years and I just can't wait that long. So we feel that the fact we're in control means we're a lot more secure than we were. People keep telling us that you always find a way, but it was difficult to hear that when we were drowning in debt. I am sure they are right though! Good luck with the wait, it is heartbreaking at times x

wow uve waited a long time then - all that debt sounds terrible - im just putting £20 a week into a special savings account.. its going up.. slowly!!

so only 2 months left - u must be so excited :) n ur relationship must be so strong after going through all that? u late 20s then?
amycxx

I don't have a time period, per se, to TTC...we have a 14 yr old DS and a 6 yr old DD, I wasn't even thinking about trying again,happy with what I had.Until I got preg by accident last year and mc. Now its all I can think about! Plus, ALL of my friends are preggers. Just found out about other one today!
I just want to get pregnant, like yesterday!!!

If it makes you feel any better about the wait, I did hold off until I was 32, and I'm really glad I did. I have a year of leisure to enjoy my son and a secure job to go back to. There are some huge advantages to waiting and planning a baby. Money isn't everything, but if you have planned and saved, it sure takes the stress off and lets you have choices. If you've planned properly, you can afford to be a SAHM, or take a longer mat leave or whatever. Biology is a strong force and I know it can take your breath away with how badly you want to get pregnant, but if it makes the wait any easier, remind yourself of the advantages, too. I'm really happy that we waited.

amycxx

you are in the exact same boat as me!! although OH has a job...

I am desperate to have a LO, but i feel I should def wait til after my degree, its just so tempting...

Im from Liverpool but will be moving downsouth with the OH when im done in Uni. What are you studying in Uni hun?

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->