Anyone else feel lost with helping your child learn

I read Abigail's book with her at bedtime but I don't push it if she doesn't want to do it. In reception there is no homework and for the whole of the infant school homework is optional, which I agree with as I don't want her put off. It's such a leap from pre school where they can play all day and direct their own time, I feel they have enough to contend with getting used to being in school all day and there is no need for extra pressure at home, unless they are interested and enjoying it in which case great :)

I read Abigail's book with her at bedtime but I don't push it if she doesn't want to do it. In reception there is no homework and for the whole of the infant school homework is optional, which I agree with as I don't want her put off. It's such a leap from pre school where they can play all day and direct their own time, I feel they have enough to contend with getting used to being in school all day and there is no need for extra pressure at home, unless they are interested and enjoying it in which case great :)
I can't agree with you more. It's the most important to have a happy school time. DD does regular school work. On weekends, I registered her on this site beestar for math and reading worksheets (2 cute worksheets everyday). She does the worksheets to review what she learns at school.
Lisa

Actually I would be interested to know if there are any good fun based apps to help them with writing. Abigail has had a real downer about her writing lately. She says everyone else in the class is better than her and that she can't do it. I spoke to the class LSA who says this isn't true at all. I'm not in the slightest bit bothered whether she writes better or worse than any of her peers, I'm certainly not interested in pushing her to do more, but I am bothered that she has low confidence about it. She loves playing on the ipad so I'm wondering whether something that makes it fun might help her feel more confident and positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->