anyone else feel the same?

broodydan

Reaction score
hey, im stuck at the moment as im scared to tell parents and family that we could be expecting (have most of the early signs and fingers crossed) and if we are not we will be carrying on without contraception in the hope that it might happen eventually but we wont be over planning if it happens it happens. i cant talk to my friends about it either as they do not seem interested when all i talk about is wanting my second baby.
its a pretty lonely place!

got this horrible feeling my family especially parents wont be very happy about it even though they adore my partner and are supportive of our relationship and love both of our children (2 boys aged 7) one each from previous relationships.

am i the only one? i hope not!

If you feel that your relationship with your partner and your intentions in having another child are honest, selfless, loving, and pure, then you should ignore what your family's initial reactions are when you tell them.

I would also discuss this with your partner, because if you are both happy about your decision and want to start "sort of" trying, then it is an option also to not involve your family until you are pregnant. Afterall, it is you and your partner's child, not theirs...?

Have you two considered marriage?

Just curious. My BF and I try to not have premarital sex, but definitely fail from time to time, completely unprotected, and we both would be thrilled if I "accidentally" got pregnant (we've talked about it)... because ultimately we are both in a hurry to get married and start a family, but just trying to wait until he has a permanent job lined up.

Let's hold hands!
:hugs:
I suspect I may be in the (Christmas) pudding club too, as in spite of the fact that we have only found time to dance the shaking of the sheets twice this month, I've had painful breasts for about a week and my mental condition has deteriorated to the point where I can forget what I'm talking about in the middle of talking about it! What everybody in the family will think about our falling pregnant in such appalling economic circumstances, when we're barely managing to keep our heads above water while we're both working and only supporting one child, I dread to think... I don't know what to think myself, because it's OH who's desperate for another, I would happily have stopped at one!

I'm a week late too....fingers crossed, although I have a feeling the witch is on her way :( My Mom would kill me if she found out I was pregnant, she says I'm an amazing Mommy but we don't have enough money. Hey, you find ways right?!? My DH and I are loving parents and my son has plenty believe me :) Plus all the stuff from the first time around are perfect for the second...already have the pack n play, walker, crib, changing table, loads of toys and clothes, strollers, etc. I can't let my family persuade my decisions...so here I am NTNP, it took us years to conceive our DS and I didn't think I could get pregnant, so I'm not gonna do what everyone else wants me to do! xx

And we're not going to be able to keep it a secret very long, because if I get my BFP next week (and I'm getting chuffing morning sickness now...) I'm going to have to explain why I'm not drinking with Christmas dinner!

aww glad im not the only one! well update on my progress, couldnt wait the full two weeks so did a test yesterday and it came up with a faint positive line :) soooo excited but i do realize that it could be a false result but i will do another next week. spoke with my mum today and i dont think she will have a problem with it.
its so hard when they throw excuses at you for not having a baby, money time and other children to think of all get brought up but if your happy and know you can cope i think others opinions do not count at the end of the day parents will always love their children and grand children.

hope you get the result you want and the sickness stops soon. as for xmas drinks i am thinking of a few excuses to give but might use the family time to announce the news.

yay!!!! That's excellent news!!! :happydance:[/QUOTE]

thank you, not going to get my hopes up as i haven't missed my period yet but will keep fingers crossed and will update soon :) x

You could always tell them you're taking medicine (antibiotics work well with this) that's dangerous to consume alcohol with.

I have asthma so if I ever need the excuse I shall be recovering from a chest infection with antibiotics :)

You could always tell them you're taking medicine (antibiotics work well with this) that's dangerous to consume alcohol with.

I have asthma so if I ever need the excuse I shall be recovering from a chest infection with antibiotics :)

this could well work as my mum knows im meant to be on tablets for my arthritis spoke to doctor this week and have stopped taking them, my mum doesn't need to know this lol! im designated driver this Xmas so that's a good excuse too :)

have done 6 tests so far and had 3 positives and 3 negatives :( not sure what this is saying to me at all so im going to wait for a few more days unless the witch gets me in the mean time x

Would drive me mad testing before I'm due on and not being sure lol.

I really hope its a positive honey :dust:

thank you oh its driving me mad! im due on today and not had any symptoms of period so my fingers are still crossed :)
with a bit of luck this is my month i already have a 7yr old son and he would love a little sister or brother im not too worried what my family will think anymore just want to know! becoming very impatient.
been reading others stories and threads which seem to keep me positively thinking.

will keep everyone updated though as we are all in the same boat x

My mother in law keeps telling me I've got to keep my legs crossed and not get pregnant before the wedding lol!

Needless to say I haven't listened to her, we know what we want so thats all that matters :)

haha mother in law!! i would totally blank that too if its something you both really want and the wedding isnt far off is it! wouldnt make much of a difference other than your dress size to cater for a little bump :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->