Anyone else feeling different towards DH (start of PND?)

Missy08

Reaction score
I just had DD#2 about a week ago. Labor/delivery didn't go well at all...TO make a really long story short, nothing went the way I wanted. First, I had to be induced which I really didn't want. Then the day we went in for our induction we were told to go to the wrong hospital by mistake. So we get to one at 7am, get unpacked, in a gown, etc., then were told to go somewhere else. After the induction started everything just kind of went downhill from there. I got a fever, my BP went down, babies heart rate went up/down and she was in a weird position. After 12 hours of labor and about an hour of pushing, I had to have a CS then baby had to stay in NICU for 48 hours.

I'm home now and everyone is getting adjusted but now I'm feeling "weird" towards DH. I'm feeling very clingy/needy/weepy. He was amazing/supportive the whole time we were in the hospital and has been great since we've been home but I keep getting this feeling like he wants to leave me. I know this feeling is coming from nowhere and he hasn't even done anything to make me feel this way but I just can't shake it :nope: I feel like I look disgusting to him and that he's not happy with me anymore...did anyone else experience this...is this the start of PND?

Same here,had my first son 15 days ago and was a horrific birth,ended up with forceps after an induction that failed and had to then be re induced with another drug.had a second degree tear and episiotomy so count sit down or anything.felt like a failure and like I wasn't going to recover and then a week ago was rushed back in with an infection and since I've come out this time I've done nothing but cry.i did tell hv today and she said that due to the hormone level crashing rapidly after birth you can get baby blues but if you still feel like this in a few more weeks then definitely speak to hv xx

I felt like this too. Exactl like it in fact. I have found - 6 weeks on, that as my own energy and health have picked up so has the way I feel. Not so many of those feelings now x

I agree with Charlotteliz, I felt exactly like you crying at the slightest thing, worrying partner was going to leave me, crying because he was nice to me and looking after the both of us, but 5 weeks on I do feel better if anything our relationship has grown strongerx

Thanks everyone! :flower: Just knowing there are others who feel/have felt the way I am helps. I just hate this feeling especially when I know it's irrational and not based on anything, I just can't help it.

Don't worry it's very normal. I too feel gross And chalk it up to normal post delivery body. I felt the same with dd And it All passes we need to just ride it out xx

Yep felt the exact same!! I was sure that he was going to wake up one day and tell me he doesn't love me! Dont remember when things got better but I'm 14 weeks pp and I'm more confident in our love now than I was before having LO. Its just normal pp blues.....we all turn into hormonal creatures after giving birth and I think the fact that we just gave birth to a baby makes us super insecure and needy and irrational!!! :) it gets better hun just give OH a huge sloppy kiss and tell him you love him... and try not to cry doing so (I couldn't stop the tears anytime I thought about him, us, and our baby I balled my eyes out : / )

Thanks optimistic, that's exactly how I feel! Glad to know it'll get better :hugs:

I have been, but a little differently though.

I do feel disgusted with my body & feel like I could cry a lot.

My feelings toward DH have changed, but instead of being clingy, I'm more or less shutting down and pushing him away & on the verge of suggesting we take a time out... we've had some issues before, so it's hard for me to tell if I'd feel this way whether or not I just had a baby. Though it didn't take me long to shut down & push him away, so maybe hormones making that feeling worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->