Anyone else getting fat hips?

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Daft question I know but this pregnancy I seem to have developed rather fat hips, this is my 5th pregnancy and I haven't had this before, always just straight to bump and boobs, but on top of my hips there is a definite layer of meat that was not there before, and I can only just feel my hip bones :(

Anyone else or just me:cry:

I've always had hips but I've noticed they're bigger, but only because I keep catching them on corners and things :haha: But I remember having this soreness at the very beginning of my pregnancy where the sides of my thighs felt like they'd been overexerted, I'm not sure if that was related or not.

Yes!!! My hips look like they have expanded. I haven't put on a vast amount of weight - about 5 kg. But my hips definately look bigger. And they hurt too - even doing the simplest of tasks leave my in agony :cry:

:dohh: We can be the fat hips club then,haha: I am really not happy about it, i am hourglass (real hourglass) so my hips and chest are the same size, 10 inches bigger than my tummy, but at this point I feel like they are creeping up bigger than my chest, noooooo! I could cry!

Not sure about fat hips...fat everywhere sounds more me

I'm sure it will be fine. Your not going to be an hourglass shape during pregnancy. Your body is going to change. If you're normally trim and curvy in all the right places, then I'm sure your body will return to that state once the baby is born. :)

I'm sure it will be fine. Your not going to be an hourglass shape during pregnancy. Your body is going to change. If you're normally trim and curvy in all the right places, then I'm sure your body will return to that state once the baby is born. :)

I'm normally an hourglass and so far *fingers crossed* I haven't lost my waist. From the back I don't even look pregnant, just well endowed :lol:

What I meant was that she was not going to have perfect proportions that leave her waist 10 inches smaller than both her bust and her hips during pregnancy. That's physically impossible. ;)

I'm also not pregnant from behind. But most women won't have an "hourglass" figure once they get their bump, unless the definition varies. LOL. I'm curvy (not thin) but I am also fairly hourglass in shape when not pregnant. My hip and bust proportions are equal to each other and much larger than my waist, no matter my size... but pregnancy changes a lot. :p

I'm getting fat everything.
I was a size 8 before pregnancy, and mega cautious about my weight, but I've already piled on 2 stone and can't seem to stop it :'(

Yes! I'm very petite and pretty much as soon as I get pregnant my hips get wider and it's noticeable from the front. I have just now noticed (18 weeks) a lot more meat on my hips, urghh makes me feel like a blob. :dohh::haha:

I caught sight of myself in a full length mirror when I was about to jump in the shower and wanted to cry!:cry: I'm only 5'2, so when I'm pregnant, you can REALLY tell I'm pregnant. I also teach an indoor cycling class and feel like such a fraud now that I'm gaining weight and it seems to be all in my hips and bum.

Didn't help that at my last OB appt, the midwife told me I had already gained 10 pounds and need to "keep an eye on that" :growlmad:

I caught sight of myself in a full length mirror when I was about to jump in the shower and wanted to cry!:cry: I'm only 5'2, so when I'm pregnant, you can REALLY tell I'm pregnant. I also teach an indoor cycling class and feel like such a fraud now that I'm gaining weight and it seems to be all in my hips and bum.

Didn't help that at my last OB appt, the midwife told me I had already gained 10 pounds and need to "keep an eye on that" :growlmad:

Oh god the thought of catching site of my dollop of a body in a full-length mirror :hissy: Oh the pain!

What I meant was that she was not going to have perfect proportions that leave her waist 10 inches smaller than both her bust and her hips during pregnancy. That's physically impossible. ;)

I'm also not pregnant from behind. But most women won't have an "hourglass" figure once they get their bump, unless the definition varies. LOL. I'm curvy (not thin) but I am also fairly hourglass in shape when not pregnant. My hip and bust proportions are equal to each other and much larger than my waist, no matter my size... but pregnancy changes a lot. :p

Oh no, i wasn't expecting that, like i said this ain't my first rodeo, it's just my hips seem to be taking over my whole frame, creeping up my back ( not really, but that it how it feels) I am just going to look like someone who needs cutting out of their house, but just from the hips down, ok i am being dramatic but ahhhhhh i don't like it!

I am also 5'2, I feel your pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->