Anyone else going to have a 2 year age gap between kiddos?

Leids

Mommy :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just found out I'm pregnant with #2. :) Crossing my fingers that everything goes okay.

I was wondering if anyone else has a little one who will be about 2 when baby #2 is born? My LO is 15 (almost 16) months old, he was born May 21st and the due date calculator puts bubs #2 due May 28th! They'll be just about exactly 2 years apart.

Not gonna lie, I'm really nervous. My little man is still being breastfed but luckily he's also a big fan of solids and loves whole milk so everything should be fine in those respects, it does make me feel sad though. I'm also worried about jealousy and him still not being able to understand everything that's happening.

I'm sure everything will be fine but it's difficult to wrap my head around. Hopefully I'm not alone! :)

Mine are almost exactly 2 years (less 9 days) between #1 and #2, and there will be 2y4mo between these #2 and #3. I was actually scared of my first 2 having the same birthday (their birthdays are 9 days apart). I think age gaps are so dependent on the actual kids - there's no "bad" age gaps as I've seen most work well. I am 23 months apart from my brother and we are very close. Your son won't really REALLY understand the change and permanence a new sibling brings until they're here, but you'll get into a routine and all will be well. :thumbup:
For my son it was hardest when my daughter started crawling/getting mobile (6mo) and getting into his things. It's still an issue, but they also play together which is so awesome! xo

Also congrats! :thumbup:
I'm in Canada but we spend lots of our summers in the East Coast USA! xo

Thank you so much. :hugs: This made me feel a lot better. My LO is enthralled by tiny babies right now and I'll be able to be around a newborn/small baby for a few months prior to me having this baby so I hope it gets him used to being around one. He's definitely very much my baby still so it's scary!

That said, I'm excited too. I'm sure as they get older they'll be a lot closer. :)

I actually just moved from Delaware to Washington State! I need to change that. :haha: I love the East coast though.

Mine will be about 25 months apart. :] I think the first weeks will be very, very hard for my firstborn as his world will be turned upside down, and I do feel bad but it's inevitable... but once we all adjust I think this age gap will be great. And I'm soooo looking forward to snuggles and story time with BOTH of them! I get teary thinking about it! (in a good way!)

Hey! Congrats! I will have about a 20 month gap between babies! I am nervous too! My 1 year old breastfeeds A LOT and cant walk yet (think he will soon) Scary but exciting!

Mine will be about 25 months apart. :] I think the first weeks will be very, very hard for my firstborn as his world will be turned upside down, and I do feel bad but it's inevitable... but once we all adjust I think this age gap will be great. And I'm soooo looking forward to snuggles and story time with BOTH of them! I get teary thinking about it! (in a good way!)
Thank you. :hugs: We've always wanted a second, just didn't expect it to be so soon! When I really think about it though, no matter what age gap there is there would be jealousy to begin with. It's a huge change for any child and it'll just take time and patience.

The snuggles bit made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :) That will be great!

Hey! Congrats! I will have about a 20 month gap between babies! I am nervous too! My 1 year old breastfeeds A LOT and cant walk yet (think he will soon) Scary but exciting!

Congrats to you too! Thank you. :) How is breastfeeding going? Have you experienced any pain? So far my milk seems to be fine and I haven't had any sensitivity, but it's still really early yet so I expect it to happen at some point. Definitely is scary but exciting! :)

Congrats to you too! Thank you. :) How is breastfeeding going? Have you experienced any pain? So far my milk seems to be fine and I haven't had any sensitivity, but it's still really early yet so I expect it to happen at some point. Definitely is scary but exciting! :)

Thanks! :haha: Breastfeeding is going great! My milk seems the same as before and other than my nipples being a bit tender seems pretty normal. Do you plan on nursing until the next one comes? Are you nervous to have a 2 year old and a newborn??

That's awesome! So long as he doesn't self wean, I do plan on nursing until the next. :) I was planning on getting more information on tandem nursing because I hear it helps with bonding. I hear it's common for them to wean because the taste changes? I've heard some don't though!

I am nervous! I'm sure they'll adore each other after awhile though. I expect some jealousy for a bit but eventually my LO will never know what it's like to not have a sibling.

The younger they are the less common it is for them to wean. Most kiddos I know that weaned did so when their mother was 14-20w pregnant. That's when the taste and supply changes apparently. But if you're still nursing a few times a day (and he nurses for comfort) there's a good chance he'll continue. My daughter is 22 months and only nursing 2x/day or so - mostly for comfort so we'll see if she continues! I was all over tandem nursing my 2 when I was last pregnant, but my friend had some serious jealousy issues with her older kiddo so I'm not sure anymore. My girl can be pretty feisty in the jealousy department :haha:

That's awesome! So long as he doesn't self wean, I do plan on nursing until the next. :) I was planning on getting more information on tandem nursing because I hear it helps with bonding. I hear it's common for them to wean because the taste changes? I've heard some don't though!

I am nervous! I'm sure they'll adore each other after awhile though. I expect some jealousy for a bit but eventually my LO will never know what it's like to not have a sibling.

Sounds like we have a challenge ahead of us!! I have also heard the taste can change, but I don't know when or any details. I am curious to see if my son self weans as he seems to be a boob junkie! If he nurses to when the baby comes I will tandem. I couldn't just refuse him because of the baby. Wouldn't feel right.

Has your lo been around any small babies? Mine has been around my 4 week old cousin and is just a little curious otherwise not bothered.

If you would be interested we should keep each other posted maybe email or something! Its nice having someone going through very similar situation to talk to!

Congratulations! :) My DS turns 2 January 6, and I am due April 19th, so they are going to be barely over 2 years apart! I am a bit nervous, as well, since DS is quite a little crazy man. I'm hoping baby #2 is calm and accepting of his/her big brothers active lifestyle! haha

Sounds like we have a challenge ahead of us!! I have also heard the taste can change, but I don't know when or any details. I am curious to see if my son self weans as he seems to be a boob junkie! If he nurses to when the baby comes I will tandem. I couldn't just refuse him because of the baby. Wouldn't feel right.

Has your lo been around any small babies? Mine has been around my 4 week old cousin and is just a little curious otherwise not bothered.

If you would be interested we should keep each other posted maybe email or something! Its nice having someone going through very similar situation to talk to!

I wouldn't be able to refuse my son either, it would make me feel awful. Even if I have to dry nurse I will because it provides him with comfort and with something as big as a new little brother or sister, he'll need that comfort! I'll also tandem feed if he's still nursing then. :) I just ordered Adventures in Tandem Feeding off of the LLL website which goes into breastfeeding while pregnant too. Hopefully it will calm my nerves a bit.

My LO hasn't been around small babies, but when he sees smaller babies he's enthralled by them. He tries to touch their hair and peek into strollers. :haha: He's super cute about it. I'm sure he'll be a great big brother but it will definitely be a huge shock to him. Heck, it's a huge shock to me! I find myself constantly crying right now because I feel so guilty. :( Hoping it eases off soon.

And definitely! It will be nice talking to someone in a similar situation.

Dani: I know what you mean! My little man is crazy! He's all over the place and has a HUGE personality. I'm also hoping for a calm LO to balance out my son's craziness a bit haha. My son will still require a lot of attention for a long time I'm sure. I'm planning on buying a few slings so I can constantly be on the move.

I wouldn't be able to refuse my son either, it would make me feel awful. Even if I have to dry nurse I will because it provides him with comfort and with something as big as a new little brother or sister, he'll need that comfort! I'll also tandem feed if he's still nursing then. :) I just ordered Adventures in Tandem Feeding off of the LLL website which goes into breastfeeding while pregnant too. Hopefully it will calm my nerves a bit.

My LO hasn't been around small babies, but when he sees smaller babies he's enthralled by them. He tries to touch their hair and peek into strollers. :haha: He's super cute about it. I'm sure he'll be a great big brother but it will definitely be a huge shock to him. Heck, it's a huge shock to me! I find myself constantly crying right now because I feel so guilty. :( Hoping it eases off soon.

And definitely! It will be nice talking to someone in a similar situation.

Dani: I know what you mean! My little man is crazy! He's all over the place and has a HUGE personality. I'm also hoping for a calm LO to balance out my son's craziness a bit haha. My son will still require a lot of attention for a long time I'm sure. I'm planning on buying a few slings so I can constantly be on the move.

Oh I will have to check that book out! Sounds like it has a lot of helpful information! Another sibling will be a big shock! One of my fears it being able to give each child enough attention. At least with the newborn stage they are pretty easy (well my son was, he just slept all the time). That might help transitioning to having another baby around.

Your son sounds adorable. My boy is quite rough.. Lovingly of course but I am hoping in the next 8 months he gets better with being gentle. We have a dog that we practice with him showing him how to be soft. Don't feel guilty! It might be tough at first but our children will be close enough to play and be friends with their younger sibling! I will pm you my email address so I can stop cluttering up your post!

I'm pregnant with #3
#1 and #2 have 2 years 10 months between them
#2 and #3 will have 15 months between
Not planned at all, have allergic reaction to evra contraceptive patch
And then only DTD once! And here we are again :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh