Anyone else got/always had bad teeth?

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I've literally always had bad teeth :( I brush them every day and I've still always had trouble ( though not helped by dentist phobia which I'm now over!) I've got a partial denture as I have no back teeth on the top left of my mouth and I've been going for regular check ups and things and now one of my fillings has fallen out on the other top side :( I've just looked and it seems to have cracked right in half and its only 4 teeth back. I'm devastated! Surely I can't be the only one with shit teeth? Xx

P.s I'm not looking for advice on my oral health!

My teeth seem to break easy, I've never had a filling or anything like that and I brush them twice a day and always have, but I have four teeth that are chipped and I have no idea how or why. My dentist is rubbish and never offers any advice as to why this seems to be happening and so easily :nope: one chip is visible when I smile, which he's filled in twice for it to drop back out within a couple of months the others are back teeth and fortunately aren't visible but I do really worry about my teeth, especially as I get older.

It's awful, I'm only 24! They told me I grind in my sleep and that they would give me a shield but it didn't materialise :( xx

Me too. I've read that it is a hereditary thing, like some people are at a pre-disposition of having bad teeth, if their parent/s do too.

I have awful teeth :-( my dads are very weak and my mum has awful gums. I think the fact I never looked after them from 13-16 or so didn't help at all. I've got 2 gaps, one top left and one bottom right. I've got 2 caps on bottom left. Also at 18 I passed out and shattered my 2 front teeth so they're both caps. Every check up I have I need more fillings or told I'm going to lose another tooth. I've given up going and just go now when I get bad pain (it's at least yearly anyway!!). I had a fantastic dentist for years who was so good with me and he retired. I've had 3 since and I can't find a good one. They all make me feel awful and as if I'm scummy for having bad teeth. I do everything I can now (apart from eat too much sugar I guess) but I don't need to be looked down on!

I've always had bad teeth. So had my mum so I think its partly inherited also possibly because of undiagnosed coeliac disease (teeth have been yellow since early childhood, dentist just said that was their natural colour instead of trying to figure out why :dohh: )
I have so many fillings, one molar had to be removed when I was 14 because it was too rotten to bother filling. It sucks.

Yeah my Dad has had a full set of dentures since he was 28, looks like I'm heading that very same way! I have a fantastic dentist now, she's very patient with me! Xx

I've always had yellow teeth too. My mum used to always point it out to me. I didn't go to the dentist in years and I had a lot of build up on my teeth round the gums and that of plaque and stuff. In the end I bit the bullet and went. They clean was uncomfortable (when they said it I was like yer whatever I've given birth, it wasn't up there but I wouldn't say it's a walk in the park) that clean up made a huge difference (my teeth are still yellowy) I always use whitener but it doesn't really do much. I apparently brush too hard but I never realise, I don't know how to do it properly tbh. I always have bleeding gums, they did get better when I had that proper clean but ya got worse again coz of pregnancy. I've got fillings either side of my mouth but they were from childhood, in all fairness my teeth themselves seem to be standing the test of time so far but I do agree I think it's inherited. My mum was always at the dentist, so were most of her family, my dads teeth aren't the greatest either.

Whitener stuff never works with me either.

my teeth are awful. I was born with a.calcum deficency so are just awful. loadshavebroken, and I also am scared ofdentist. I just try andkeep my mouth shut as much as possible. lol.

I don't have mega bad teeth, but I have lost 2 due to my dentist being a complete tool.

I had one from the upper right side taken because I chipped it and a bit fell off, so they filled it back to form the shape again. It kept falling off and because I had to wait long between appointments, decay started setting in no matter how much I brushed and it just fell apart. I had to have it removed in the end. It could have been saved if the dentist did a proper job in the first place.

I also could have lost 2 at the bottom left instead of just the 1 because of the dumbass dentist I saw. About 3 days before I moved to Germany I had awful pain in the left side on my face. I thought it was my upper wisdom tooth causing the problem as it seemed to hurt there more than the lower set. The dentist said it was the second to last tooth and I would need a root canal. I couldn't have it done in 3 days so I came to Germany and saw a dentist here. She said it isn't that tooth at all (she did a few x rays) and said it was the final tooth - so yeah, could have lost the last tooth and the one next to it (I hear root canals rarely last).

I've had all my crappy silver fillings removed and replaced with sturdy plastic stuff. I much prefer my dentist here, she is so lovely and doesn't try and rush through patients.

Mine are ok a little discoloured. I know that if you have had a lot of antibiotics as a child it can damage the tooth enamel.

My teeth are awful - especially my wisdom teeth which I have to have out once baby is here. The top ones have both caved in completely they are so decayed and I had to pluck up the courage to go to the dentist as I was in so much pain. Hoping the new filling I had in yesterday holds until baby is here so that next time they'll get rid of it for good! :thumbup:

It's really nice to know I'm not the only one, I really hope my children don't get it from me though xx

I hate my teeth :( I'd give anything to be able to change them I always feel so paranoid about them. I chipped my top front tooth when I was around 13 on one of those ice lollies made out of a juice carton, I was scared of the dentist for years so didn't get it sorted til around 3 years later, it looks awful tho as the side of it was missing so now it's got a filling there which is an obvious different colour from the other half of it! And different shape to the other one :( my teeth are also quite yellow I don't know how to whighten them though?
I really hope my LO gets her daddy's teeth, his teeth are perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->