Anyone else had the stomach bug in 1st Tri?

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was something I ate this morning. I've been feeling so crappy all day that even forcing liquids seems like a chore.
I know they say that if you're generally healthy that baby is fine....bbbbuuuuuut my worry is that I've had pretty bad cramps now ever since this started :(
OB says so long as there's no spotting that I shouldn't worry. I still can't help but think that this might lead to m/c. Someone talk me out of the crazy please?

Don't worry! Even if you did get the stomach bug (which it's been going around my area blech!) your body can handle it, think of all the women that can barely eat 24/7, I was like that with my first pregnancy, I lost 15lbs in my first trimester from being so sick! The stomach bug won't harm your little bean, just try to stay hydrated!

If a woman with HG can throw up 50+ times a day for months and still have a healthy baby, and another can survive a devastating car wreck in first trimester and carry to term, then a baby can survive a stomach bug. They are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.

I've heard a doctor say "There's nothing that can shake out a good bean" and this is true. A healthy fetus will survive no matter what, and one destined to become an angel will be lost no matter what. You need to take care of yourself, and your body will take care of baby.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I had a stomach bug 2 weeks ago and threw up everything in few hours. Then even now I feel awful due to dodgy stomach all the time it's like as stomach bug but it's not! I had a scan yesterday and the baby is fine!!! :-D

I had a stomach bug a few weeks ago accompanied by cramps, I was worried too but it was fine and passed quickly. With my first I got sick with a bad virus in 1st tri with my DS, I was vomiting sooo much, hallucinating and so weak, cramping from all the vomiting. I was so worried but again, he was fine :).

Thank you ladies. I appreciate all your responses. IT helps to know there's others in the same boat and I feel so much better! :)

I'm just recovering from one now. Pretty horrible but if babies can survive really bad morning sickness then a day or two of vomiting shouldn't be an issue. I have my booking in appointment on Saturday so I will ask then just to be sure.

Yes, I had the pukey bug the day I found out I was pregnant. It's going around this winter. Puked every 30 minutes for 12 hrs straight plus diarrhea. Had to be on an IV for over 2hrs. Was very worried I would have a mc, but so far everything is fine.

From what I've read, the flu can cause preterm labor later in pregnancy and a fever may possibly be inked to autism, but its not as dangerous in early pregnancy

I had a bad bug with fever at 5 weeks... and I still have two sticky beans. You will be okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->