Anyone else have a child/children from previous relationship and now ttc no2...

Erinsmummy

Pregnant with no6
Reaction score
with a different partner?! Cant seem to find anyone in the same boat as me! Have a 2yr old, but now with someone different and ttc our first together. Been trying for a year now , really getting us down, would love to chat to someone in same or similar situation ?

heyy
im in the same boat! im 28 and have a 9 year old daughter with my ex and now me and my hubby are trying for number 2 without much success! been trying since miscarrying the end of july and are on cycle 4. how about u?
sending u lots of-

:dust:

Oh thank heavens theres someone else lol. Im sorry about your loss, this ttc lark is tough.

Were on our 11th cycle! Cd11 i think, just cant understand why its taking so long! To be fair we dont really do anything special, just have sex often and thats it! So maybe we do need to start trying harder, but i was just so set on letting it happen on its own, now i just want it to get on and happen! Do you temp or use opks?

know just how you feel! never thought getting pregnant would be so much hard work! all those years on bc and worrying about NOT getting pregnant, i just always imagined it would happen 1st or 2nd try like with my daughter, i dont know, maybe its because im older now!!:dohh:
anyway, i use opk's every cycle and they have been quite useful as i have discovered i ovulate later than i thought, i dont temp though, really can't be bothered with that!! how about you?
btw- just noticed, we have the same cycle!! im also cd11 with a 26 day cycle-weird!!!

I'm 35 and have a daughter from a previous relationship who is 14. I'm worried that my body forgot how to have children! So far it's a baseless worry as this is our first month ttc. Nonetheless I worry.

....and I'm on cd 17 with a pretty regular 28 day cycle, FYI.

know just how you feel! never thought getting pregnant would be so much hard work! all those years on bc and worrying about NOT getting pregnant, i just always imagined it would happen 1st or 2nd try like with my daughter, i dont know, maybe its because im older now!!:dohh:
anyway, i use opk's every cycle and they have been quite useful as i have discovered i ovulate later than i thought, i dont temp though, really can't be bothered with that!! how about you?
btw- just noticed, we have the same cycle!! im also cd11 with a 26 day cycle-weird!!!

Haha that is odd! Yeah with my daughter i fell pregnant by accident! I was on the mini pill but got drunk one weekend, was sick (nice i know) so sicked up my pill, had sex that night and bam im pregnant!
Now been off the pill for over a year and nothing! :(

I used to use opks, but now i know my body a bit better im pretty sure i know when i am ovulating anyway, and i cant be bothered with temping either! Im pretty sure i do ovulate and we have sex all the bleddy time so i know we cant be missing the window! Grr

erinsmummy-
blimey- that must of been one hell of a night! haha! :winkwink:
seriously though, im sure everythings fine and you will catch soon. all good things and that! are you taking any supplements or using that preseed stuff? im just taking boots own preconception pills.

BoxenOxen, hi! You could well be just fine :) But i always thought if you had had a baby already then you could def do it again, which isnt true :( True for most though :) Good luck on your first month!

Juicyjen haha yeah must have been! I swear its because we wernt trying! I wasnt stressed, and was just right time of the month lol.
No i dont take anything, i looked into it the other day though and were thinking of taking the boots ones for him and her. We are going doctors after xmas, so OH can have a sperm count to rule that out, and we will have bloods taken, hopefully theres nothing wrong, but id just rather know!

Im in my fertile period at the moment, but OH is ill with a sickness bug so we havent had sex for 2 days! Very annoying! selfish of him ay lol

i think going to the docs is a good idea, will help put ur mind at rest, and if ur more relaxed it can only be a good thing. i wanted to go docs in the new yr but hubby has talked me out of it, think i need to chill out a bit. has only been 4 mths but its all i can think about! im ovulating today and we have been :sex: every day this week- im bloody knackered!!! gonna go one more tonight for luck!! sorry to hear ur man has been ill, you should def get him in the mood tonight!!

Hey guys!
So glad I stumbled upon this post! I have a 12 yo daughter, and a 3 yo son from previous relationships... both pregnancies were accidental, and now we've been trying since we got married on 9/10, with no luck. I don't understand how easy it was to conceive before and now, that we are consistently trying (I mean BD'ing at least every other day, if not every day for 2-3 weeks a month) with no luck.
I am 14 DPO, due for the witch today, and got a BFN this morning. I'm still trying to hold out hope, but every month it gets a little harder to do. I'm desperately hoping the witch doesn't show this month, as our due date would be our first wedding anniversary.
The worst part? Is we are both happy with our family, he loves my children as his own. But I can see how sad and disappointed he is, and how it is hurting him not getting pregnant, and also how watching me be sad is hurting him.
Anyone else experiencing all of this? Ugh, so sorry to rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->