Anyone else have a really small gap between pregnancies?

TaraMum

Mum of baby & teen!
Reaction score
I'm 42 and have an 18 year old, a 4 year old, an 8 month old and am 18 weeks pregnant! There will only be 13 months between this baby and my 8 month old. Anyone else have babies close in age? How did you manage? At 42 I'm a bit worried I'll collapse under the strain! ;) Though so far all is good, I'm only suffering tiredness but everything else is totally normal.

Oh yes. My kids are 5, 3 1/2, 2 1/2 (those two were 11m apart) and my fourth just turned 1. My fourth and fifth will be 17m apart. It's not as bad as it may seem right now. Chaotic? Well, of course. Kids are always chaotic. Haha. You'll do just fine!!!

I got pregnant with my second when my first was 6.5 months, and then pregnant with my third when my second was 7 months. So I'm on number 3 now (38 weeks) and it has certainly been a more physically demanding pregnancy. Probably 1. Because I have two toddlers to chase already and 2. My body is DONE being pregnant. Morning sickness, pelvic pain, pressure... They've all been progressively worse with each pregnancy. I think I'm done!

I've got 14 months between number 2 and 3 yes it was hard at times, but now that they are older they are the best of friends (most of the time)

We'll have a tiny age gap - DC2 born June 2016, DC 3 due July 2017, unless baby is overdue by at least 9 days we'll have a 12 month age gap.

I'm trying not think of it too much or I get terrified, there's 5 years 8 months between DC1 and 2! It's our last so trying to look forward to all the bits as they'll be the last.

I have a 14 year old and also twins that just turned 2, I'm 29 weeks pregnant. I do worry bc it's hard enough with just the twins. But I know I'll adapt

Not pregnancy, but our current little that we're caring for is a week shy of 5 months. We'd love to be a permanent home for her, and if that ends up happening she'll be 10.5 months when this baby is born. I'm actually really excited at the prospect of having two so close in age. :)

I have been worrying about the same thing! There is just over a 2 year age gap between dd1 and dd2 but there will only be a 15 month age gap between dd2 and ds.

My first two were Irish twins, born only 12 months apart of each other. Call me crazy but I liked that age gap because they did everything together, even potty trained together, so it was easier in that respect. They also entertained each other if I needed to get something done. Now when I had #3 who was born 2 1/2 years after my second, I found the strain much harder than with the first two. With them I got it all over at once and was already in the swing of things but with baby #3 it was like starting all over again since I was used to toddlers/preschoolers, not babies. For this reason we decided to have our fourth and final baby close to our third (who is currently only 6 months old) rather than waiting a year or two.

11 months between my first 2. I really enjoyed it actually found it a little easier than my age gap of 2.5 years with my new baby.
As PP said they did everything together - potty training, getting rid of dummies etc they always have a little friend and i love watching them grow up together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->