Anyone else have a Subchorionic Hemmorhage?

Angel Momma13

Reaction score
well, like the title says i have a subchorionic hemmorhage. I recently had to switch obs as mine is retiring,and i HATE my new one! they dont care about the hemmorhge, aand arent considering me high risk like my last doctor (between it and a previous 3rd trimester loss). i had a dating ultrasound 3 weeks ago tomorrow, my edd was 12-28-14 but they changed it to 1-7-15, saying i was only 6 weeks to the day. never for sure saw a baby, and tried to count a beat but all they could was mine at 95bpm. called my new ob as i switched the day after the ultrasound, not only did it take them 3 days to call me back but then they blatently lied to me saying oh for sure they saw one baby and clocked the hb at 95bpm. lets say im not amused, to say the least. they wont give me another ultrasound, not to even check on the hemmorhage, and arent even giving me another appt for a month ( ill be 12 weeks at the next appt). ugh, after all ive been thru i just want answers, but i dont wanna go to the hospital saying im a nervous wreck who has a shitty doctor tell me whats going on plz!

I had one with my last baby. I ended up not finding out about it until i started bleeding and went to the hospital. I bled 3 separate times, which they said was normal or something like that as long as it wasn't accompanied by any cramping. My ob did do two extra scans to check that the hemorrhage was going away. What wasn't absorbed by my body i ended up passing, which is why i thought i was mc. Everything turned out perfect and he is a crazy 1 year old! I hope you find a better dr that one doesn't seem to interested in how you're feeling about the hemorrhage. :hugs: i know it's scary but not to much to worry about!

wow that is ridiculous and unacceptable
i would file a complaint
and get yourself a new doctor

I had a SCH earlier in this pregnancy, discovered at a 7 week ultrasound. They told me they were very common and nothing to worry about, but that it would be a good idea to avoid strenuous exercise and sex until it went away. By my 10 week ultrasound, my body had reabsorbed it and I never had any spotting. They rechecked at my 18 week scan and still no signs of it. Baby looks perfect. Your doctor definitely sounds like they need to be more sensitive and give you more information. Whether or not you're high risk will depend on things like the size of the hemorrhage, how long it sticks around and if you have bleeding. Someone at the doctor's office really needs to communicate this info to you! You and your baby will most likely be fine, but maybe you want to look for another doctor in the meantime.

I'm currently signed off work following a large bleed when they found a small sch. Had a little spotting since. The Dr wasn't too concerned but didn't want me to work till my next scan (next week). They are scary but usually resolve :hugs:

Can't comment on your Dr as we have a different system here.

There is a thread in the discussions page if you want to look in there, lots of ladies who've had similar experiences.

I had one at my 7 week scan. They said it was fairly small, and that it may reabsorb. The doctor didn't seem too worried. She didn't give me any special instructions or anything, so I'm free to exercise, have sex, etc.. All she said is that if I start bleeding, not to be alarmed, but be sure to contact the doctor. So far, I haven't had any bleeding.

I didn't get any special follow up ultrasounds to check on it. I won't have another appointment until 12 weeks (next week) when I go in for my NT scan. So I'm anxious to see if the hematoma is gone.

I think the doctors only get concerned when the hematoma is especially large or if you're having a lot of bleeding. So if it's a small hematoma (like mine was), that might be why they're not overly concerned about it. From my understanding they're fairly common. I want to say I read somewhere it occurs in like 20-30% of pregnancies.

As for your doctor, if you're not happy with him/her, you should definitely switch! You're going to be stuck with this person for the next 7 months, so you better pick one you like. It's not too late to switch! I found it helpful to read Yelp reviews on the various doctors before going. You really get a good idea of which doctors offices have better customer service and which doctors are jerks. But like I said, it's still early, so if you're going to switch, do it now. Maybe another doctor will take your concerns more seriously.

Thanks for the support ladies, its relieving. I did have a large bleed with very heavy cramping in which i thought i was miscarrying, the er did an us and found the subchorionic and its pretty large, aand dated me at 5w5d,seeing just a sac. 6 days later i had the us scheduled by my ob before i even had the issues and went to the er, and i only gained 2 days worth and measured 6w0d, and they still couldnt even see a baby or fp....i just wanna know whaats going on inside of me, and whether to stop planning and enjoying and start moving on.

I had major bleed at 6 weeks was told baby was 5.4 and had sch. I went back week later still no heart beat. Went back at 7 weeks baby perfect still had sch and spotting went back at 10 weeks looks like it has gone baby good I know it's hard but I will be 12 weeks tomorrow so all the best ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->