Anyone else have a very clingy 7month old?

chetnaz

Have 3 boys + girl on way
Reaction score
My little girl has been suffering really badly from separation anxiety for the last couple of months, but she's taking it to another level! She's practically in my arms/lap 24/7! She won't even sleep in her cot anymore, she sleeps with us. If I pass her to her dad for five minutes while I eat, she'll cry and reach out for me the whole time, even though I'm right next to them on the sofa! And if I don't pick her up quickly enough, she'll get herself so distressed, she'll be sick! Is this normal? I love her to bits, but my shoulders and back ache from holding her all the time! And I feel like I can't even go for a shower or toilet unless she's sleeping as I don't want her to get so upset. Anyone else going through this? Please tell me it gets better!!

Hi!!! Sorry I missed this earlier, it's not just you! Culver is really struggling with this too! It's got to the point that when I need to go to the bathroom I have to lie him in an inflatable pool raft at my feet and balloon a hand towel up and down over his head to keep him amused. He has come into our bed too and will only nap in my arms. He was sleeping in a bouncy chair until a few days ago but I always had to sit next to him and when he woke after 30 minutes I would pick him up. I'm trying to transition him to sleeping in our bed for naps but the minute I put him down (no matter how long he has been asleep in my arms) he cries! I really hope this phase doesn't last too long! X

Ys babe. Amelia was JUST like that and is marginally better now but still has extreme separation anxiety and is very high needs. Think it's a girl thing lol xxx

It's so hard isn't it. I can hardly get anything done around the house! Some tell me to let cry a bit and she'll get used to it but I can't do that, I hate seeing her distressed. Oh well, good excuse for getting out of housework I suppose. I agree Jem, it must be a girl thing as my boys were never like this. They were very independent from a young age and didn't care who I handed them over to! Ah well, I'm sure she'll grow out of it in time.

People who tell you to let her cry don't have a kid like this or they'd know that doing that just results in a total meltdown and then they take ages to calm down.

My LO started later than yours and is still clingy but doesn't have it as bad as your girl. I remember that she flat out refused to sleep in her cot for ages and I hated bed sharing but just had to do it. It has gotten better though, she sleeps in her cot again and sometimes reaches out for daddy! I'd just try to wear her as much as possible :hugs:

My DD is also VERY clingy to me. She is just 8 months and has ben like this since 3 months!! She will however sleep in her cot at night and for naps so then I run around getting all the 'two' handed jobs done. lol.
I am also wondering if it is a girl thing as none of my 3 boys were like this, its so hard.
I have no advice other than just ride it out. She just needs you right now.

My LO is like this! She started at about 4 months, but it is definitely getting worse now- she used to go down in her cot awake for naps, but now screams the place down when I walk out the room- so she's started sleeping on the sofa with me next to her, she can be sound asleep and I walk out the room to get something and she'll wake up! its madness! She constantly has to be on me, I can't make any decent dinners or do any housework. She will occasionally tolerate daddy. She won't go to anyone else. I was hoping it was going to be just a little phase, I hope it doesn't last too long x

I can't leave her to cry either. It physically pains me as she gets so distressed just by my having to put her down to tend to Fin etc, I couldn't prolong it. I hope it gets easier fr us both soon... But until then... At least we feel loved haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->