Anyone else have or has had very low fluid levels?

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
Hey guys, im just looking for any experiences of people who have been told they have low water levels? i dont really understand what it means other than they told me its a sign the placentas not working properly so im to have weekly scans etc. I just wondered if anyone else could give me their experiences? is it a huge problem? what could happen? what are we looking for? also.. if anyone can answer this... does anyone know how my levels are low? my last nhs scan was at 23 weeks and i was told all was fine so presuming water levels were fine... how come they arent now? They dont think i have leaked which is a good thing.

Thankyou to anyone who can help :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have you spoken to a MW or consultant about this yet? There's quite a lot to consider with oligohydramnios and a lot of it will depend on what your actual levels are (so you shouldn't be panicking until you've got that info and have spoken to a consultant)....there's low and then there's LOW, IYKWIM :)

Hey thanks soo much for replying sweetie.. yeah i saw the consultant yesterday, i have a high risk pregnancy anyway but now they say i need close monitoring and scans every week. My water levels are on the 2.5centile and are 8.3cm?? they said they are low is that very low?

xxxxx

8.3cm doesn't actually sound too low....it could be a lot worse. It's not my area (I'm not an obstetrician) so you'd need to discuss this at length with your consultant, but I believe your AFI should be greater than 7cm at term....it may be that you're just borderline, though obviously they have to monitor this closely.

It can be a very serious condition, but mostly it's a case of close monitoring and managed delivery. As I said, there's simply no point in freaking yourself out unnecessarily - no pregnancy is guaranteed risk free and we worry ourselves silly as it is. There's a big difference between having low water levels (oligohydramnios) and severe oligohydramnios - both could lead to complications, but the latter is far more likely to and many women with low water levels carry successfully to term and have no problems. They've identified it as a potential issue which is absolutely the most important thing.

Make sure you feel you can ask your consultant as many questions as you need to. Write them down in advance if you can so you don't forget.

Good luck hun, feel free to PM me if you need to though, as I said, this is not my area and I'm by no means an expert. x

I am just about 32 weeks and not experienced these yet.

Am i the only one? When is it normal to feel them?

8.3cm doesn't actually sound too low....it could be a lot worse. It's not my area (I'm not an obstetrician) so you'd need to discuss this at length with your consultant, but I believe your AFI should be greater than 7cm at term....it may be that you're just borderline, though obviously they have to monitor this closely.

It can be a very serious condition, but mostly it's a case of close monitoring and managed delivery. As I said, there's simply no point in freaking yourself out unnecessarily - no pregnancy is guaranteed risk free and we worry ourselves silly as it is. There's a big difference between having low water levels (oligohydramnios) and severe oligohydramnios - both could lead to complications, but the latter is far more likely to and many women with low water levels carry successfully to term and have no problems. They've identified it as a potential issue which is absolutely the most important thing.

Make sure you feel you can ask your consultant as many questions as you need to. Write them down in advance if you can so you don't forget.

Good luck hun, feel free to PM me if you need to though, as I said, this is not my area and I'm by no means an expert. x

Thankyou soooooooooooooo much for the info hunny!! i think cause i had the scan then consultant appt straight after i had no idea until he started talking. I had already went in with 20 million question wrote down on paper and tried to ask as many as i could but then this just knocked me off a bit lol! im back next week so will be asking then how things are going. I really apreciate your reply hunny, as i didnt know anything about it and was reluctant to google cause i know it can kinda scare monger a bit. you really have helped :flower::kiss::hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thankyou soooooooooooooo much for the info hunny!! i think cause i had the scan then consultant appt straight after i had no idea until he started talking. I had already went in with 20 million question wrote down on paper and tried to ask as many as i could but then this just knocked me off a bit lol! im back next week so will be asking then how things are going. I really apreciate your reply hunny, as i didnt know anything about it and was reluctant to google cause i know it can kinda scare monger a bit. you really have helped :flower::kiss::hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No problem chick, I'm glad I could help a bit. I honestly can't blame you for being a bit blindsided by the news and not asking questions....we all get that, I think. Not to mention pregnancy brain - I swear I've turned into a moron! :dohh: :D

All I'd say is that weekly monitoring/scans is very routine so don't fret there, but if you do feel anything strange or you're worried do call your MW (you know all this already) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->