Anyone else have probs with their bowls after birth??

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Sorry to bring the subject up! I assumed once i'd given birth i'd soon be feelin like myself again, but seems there are alot of after pregnancy complaints i didnt think about! Anyways. The first time i went 'loo' a few hours after giving birth, it was painless. But then i didnt go for a couple of days..When i did finally go it was SO painful i thought there was another baby in there! Its still really painful now and i dont understand why. Without sounding disgusting my poo is also really large..which probably explains the pain lol but why is it like this? Sorry for too much info! x

Sorry to bring the subject up! I assumed once i'd given birth i'd soon be feelin like myself again, but seems there are alot of after pregnancy complaints i didnt think about! Anyways. The first time i went 'loo' a few hours after giving birth, it was painless. But then i didnt go for a couple of days..When i did finally go it was SO painful i thought there was another baby in there! Its still really painful now and i dont understand why. Without sounding disgusting my poo is also really large..which probably explains the pain lol but why is it like this? Sorry for too much info! x

hi there, what ur going through is apparently quite normal, when ur preggers your bowels get quite squashed up and bowel movements change and become slower, after the birth the bowels have more room to hold the poo (sorry) so the poo becomes larger than it would when ur preggers also your bum is used to a smaller bowel movement and has been for 9 months and will also adjust now the baby is out and the poo has become larger again your bum will have to stretch more and it hasnt done that for a while so it will hurt but it should fade off after a few times of going to the loo just bare with it hun, if it doesnt change and u still keep having problems then see the doc he may have a better explination as to whats going on, sorry for the graphic wording i just couldnt think of any other words to explain it..:wacko:.
hope u feel better soon and hope what iv said makes sense x

Very normal, I had exactly the same thing and wanted to cry everytime I tried to go lol. Did you have any stitches? I only had 1, but that was bad enough.. so I can't imagine more, ouch!!!

Very normal, I had exactly the same thing and wanted to cry everytime I tried to go lol. Did you have any stitches? I only had 1, but that was bad enough.. so I can't imagine more, ouch!!!

Yeah i wanna cry each time too! No stitches as they said i only had a small tear. just cant get over the size of it! lol eeewww x

You need to ask your MW or GP if they will give you a suppository as this will break it all up for you and help........also take that stuff that lubricates you, I can't think what it is called :dohh: it is a clear, thick liquid that Doctor's normally give to kiddies if they are constipated, not very nice tasting, (I keep thinking of liquid parrafin, but that don't sound right, our old heater keeps springing to mind:rofl:) https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Arguing%20sad%20confused/th8anyone.gif

Then just make sure you keep a high fibre diet for a couple of weeks! x

12 days after the birth it still hurts to poo!! arrrgh. This isnt fun! I feel like the whole area and perineum is splittin ooouuch!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->