Anyone else have really painful ovulation?

Aphrodite

Reaction score
I'm not ttc but just keeping an eye on my cycles for contraception and thought this might be the best place to ask.When I ovulate I'm in agony, so bloated and feel crap. I have polycystic ovaries so that might be why it's bad but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this before I had the boys. Is this normal?

I have awful painful ovulation too, so I feel for you. It probably is related to your polycystic ovaries; for me it's most likely endo :(

Have you seen your doctor about this lately? If not i think it would be a good idea in case the cysts burst or something?

No I haven't I haven't considered that :( its not dangerous is it? I just feel so rubbish too its naff. What do you take for it if anything, painkillers wise I mean?

Mine is not really really painful but I do fell discomfort. Maybe a 4-6 on a scale from 1-10. I used to be really worried and my doctors had my going for ct scans and various tests but nothing ever showed up. But one day as I was reading I came across this term mittelschmerz and I told my doctor this is what I thought it was. So I self diagnosed

omg I was soooo gonna ask this morning when I was having discomfort of a quite high level! I've had it before, to the point I've taken pain killers !

just got it back now so hoping t means my fertility is back on track! :)

No I haven't I haven't considered that :( its not dangerous is it? I just feel so rubbish too its naff. What do you take for it if anything, painkillers wise I mean?

I just always tell women to seek proper advice when they say they're in 'agony' because I'm just someone from the internet with no medical expertise. It's unlikely to be dangerous but always worth highlighting to your doctor.

That said, personally I don't believe that it's normal to be in agony. I get severe ovulation pains and have been told for years (mostly by insensitive male gynecologists) that it's 'normal'/'every woman gets this'/'mild in comparison'/'get over it'. I think they're wrong and that this is more than 'normal' ovulation pain. I know my body much much better than them.

I try not to take painkillers if I can but I take some paracetamol if it gets too much or if I can't concentrate at work.

Actually, I'm turning towards alternative therapy right now. I'm getting a Mayan abdominal massage this week, as well as starting (probably tmi) vaginal steam baths. I think my pain comes from endometriosis (doctors suspect this but won't confirm it) and a misplaced uterus. Doctors won't help me at all, so here I am. Mayan abdominal massage can help here, from what I've read. It's supposed to ease pain (including emotional pain - which I have in bucket loads right now) and improve fertility. I also have lots and lots of cramping and spotting which I believe is my uterus being unable to fully rid itself of old lining; another symptom of a tipped uterus. Obviously a tipped uterus will create pain and make it difficult to conceive. I have faith in alternative medicine and feeling hopeful for the first time in this last few months.

I found this article interesting: https://www.massageandbodywork.com/Articles/AugSept2002/Mayan.html

It's not for everyone and it's not going to cure serious medical conditions. I still think being in 'agony' requires being checked medically, just in case it's an ectopic pregnancy or burst ovarian cysts.

OK, sorry for the long reply but I thought it might help! Are you still in pain or has it passed?

No, its passed mostly now but can still feel it a little when I go to the toilet or press it. Thanks for your information though. Sorry yohre having problems conceiving, if you've seen my sig you'll have seen that I had problems tol and had ivf for my first son so I understand all emotional side you're going through, its tough x

I'm glad you're feeling better.

And thanks for the understanding. Congrats on both your boys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->