Anyone else have SPD (pelvic girdle pain)

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies i was diagnosed with SPD and im in agony. Im only 19+4 and hopefully got a long way to go (im prone to preterm birth) do you ladies feel the same symtpoms as myself?

I have pain inbetween my thighs across my pubic bone, i feel a lot of pressure from the baby pushing down and my back aches etc. i feel like i cant walk around much without been in agony, putting my bottoms on when i get dressed is a challenge too :( towards the evening im in so much pain i dont want to move. I feel i walk like a women at full term but i have the smallest bump.

Iv been told to take paracetamol daily but i darnt incase it harms the babyx iv taken it on several occasions but darnt take it consistantly all day long.

Has any one found any rememdies that can ease the pain?

Me :) I had it last time really badly and it kicked in at 11 weeks this time. I've been given a support belt by the nhs and signed up for physio.
The main thing that is helping me is swimming. You can only kick with your legs, no breast stroke, moving knees apart etc but I go two/three times a week and it is so much better then last time (so far)

Keep your knees together as much as possible, getting out of bed, of the couch, out of cars. Car journeys makes it flair up for me, so I try to keep them shorter. Family want me to travel six hours to a party at 8 months preg, not happening!
At the end of my last pregnancy I couldn't walk more the 30 feet and would crawl to the bathroom at night, I'm desperate to avoid that!

Yes, I do! I had it terribly in my last pregnancy and it came back at 11 weeks this time around. I found warm baths helped ease the pain at times, the support belt I had was excellent and my chiropractor was a life saver. It's horrible to deal with! For me, rolling over in bed at night was the most painful. Try to avoid pushing a shopping trolley and walking up stairs too. Good luck!!

I think I may have and I am going to be asking my midwife today at my appointment as I am almost in tears sometimes :wacko:

Yes!!! I haven't been diagnosed yet but I'm 99% sure it's what I have. It's so painful isn't it. I haven't found anything that helps yet, I am going to speak to my midwife about it this week though. Does going to a physio hurt? I'm scared that it will :(

I'm 18 weeks and have it but for me it was predicted beforehand that I would get it I will end up on early bed rest. Get a good support and get physio. Physio is great but you need to put in the work now to help later. Try to get balance between rest and movement I hobble around the block few times a day.

Like a previous poster said the pool is great even if you don't swim walking takes the pressure off your joints just make sure the pool has a steps into it rather than a ladder.

I think I might have it but it is not severe yet, it feels like I pulled a muscle in my groin so it's definitely not pleasant but I, hoping it doesn't get worse, I've never had it before so I know something is different with this pregnancy.

I had it last pregnancy from 24 weeks on until 2 weeks after birth :wacko: This time it set in around 8 weeks and got worse and worse until I was thoroughly depressed because an entire pregnancy with pelvic pain SUCKS.

My doctor sent me in for physio, and its FIXED. :thumbup:

I HIGHLY recommend getting into a physical therapist. They don't hurt you :haha: Mine has me doing back extensions and a simple squatting movement to realign my pelvis and release pressure from my back. Also she talked to me about my posture when sitting and recommended I roll up a towel to put on my lower back for support when sitting for extended periods of time. Evidently 90% of my pain was from my back being pulled wrong by my bump. I only had to go to physio 5 times and was dismissed. She said if the pain comes back, she'll get me a belt :thumbup:

I hear that a chiropractor can make a world of difference as well.

You don't just have to suffer, ladies! Ask your doctor/midwife about it, ask for a physio referral and/or go see a chiro.

I still waddle like I'm 15 months pregnant :rofl: but I rarely HURT. And all I have to do is bend just so a few times a day to keep feeling good. :thumbup:

If you have true SPD, then a physio can get you into a support belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->