anyone else have to wait 6 days for a pregnancy test result??

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
at my gp surgery, they won't book you in to see the midwife until you have a confirmed pregnancy test. We have to pee in a bottle and hand it in at reception and then they send it off to the hospital for a pregnancy test and wait 6 days for the result! Is this standard for all of the UK?

Nope, mine just took your word for it.

I had to take one at my surgery this time when I went to see him about some early spotting. It's my 5th pregnancy and i'be never had to do.it before. I just went and sat in reception until I could do a sample then he did the pregnancy test there with me. It was horrible waiting for the result lol. x

Oh right well the wait is so annoying. Just wanna get the ball rolling now I think it's silly that I have to wait that long, god knows why they can't just do it at the surgery

I find that very unusual. I used to work in a community hospital in miu and a urine dip takes a couple minutes if not quicker. In my area they don't even want you to book with a doctor but go straight to the midwife.

I lived in Leeds and they did a test there and then, but in London and Bedford they just took your word for it!

That's not fair lol I must have the uks worst doctors surgery!! When I get my appointment I'll ask her why they do that!

Wow thats crazy.
In all my pregnancies ive never had to do a pee test at the drs, they just draw blood and you get the results the next day. Im in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->