Anyone else have trouble with daytime naps?

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
Jacob just does not nap during the day very much at all, unless I am driving, then that usually knocks him out instantly. He wakes around 5-6am and goes to bed at 7pm. This wouldn't really be a problem if he didn't frequently fall asleep in his highchair whilst eating his dinner! If we are out somewhere and he is in his pushchair for a while, he will sometimes nap for an hour or two, but if I'm just at home all day then not a chance. He will get tired, rub his eyes but just will not settle for a nap at all. This is driving me nuts as he gets so grumpy when he's overtired.

William often doesn't nap in the day now either. Today he got up at 730 (late for him!) and apart from about 3 mins in the car he was up til just after 7. Luckily he did have some quiet time this afternoon snuggling on sofa watching tv for about 45 mins otherwise he would have been a real grump!
Think i will miss the naps more than he will lol!

I'm guessing it'll be a slow process going to never napping in the day, it took awhile for him to consistently only have one nap, will follow his lead and let him nap when he wants to, some days will be easier than others I guess!

no advice really, when Ruby was doing this I just went for a drive so I knew she'd sleep. Ruby + no nap = tantrums.

La refuses to nap some days and most others she is either in the buggy or on the boob to nap. She will rarely go to sleep in her cot by herself for her nap.

Tom is a nightmare to settle in his cot during the day so I time coming home so he falls asleep in the car or in his pushchair and then move him to his cot. Fortuantly he doesn't wake up.

Today he fell asleep out in town at 11.15am in his pushchair. He slept through the bus ride home, I put him in his cot and he evetually woke up at 1.45pm!!!

I don't even bother trying to settle him straiight in his cot in the day now. I don't like an hour of kicking, hitting and screaming.

My son doesn't nap at all at home now, I've given up trying since he turned 2! He just didn't want to. He still naps at nursery though (3 times a week).

Jacob also tantrums if he doesn't nap and it's the falling asleep at 5:30 while he's having his dinner that bugs me, he wakes each morning between 5 and 6 as it is so don't really want to bring it forward and have him waking earlier than that. It's so annoying when he falls asleep in the car 5 minutes before we arrive home, as he always wakes up when I lift him in. We were just out for a walk and he's looking sleepy so I've kept him in his pram with a little TV - not ideal I know but we both need it lol

I used to take Ffion in the car when that would happen but as i have 2 now its not that practical.

Her nap time is just after lunch so if i know i'm going to be in all day i take her for a walk to get her tired enough or the garden.

I need advice for rainy days though! As i've given up trying to make her nap then!

Ihsan went through a funny few weeks of not napping in the afternoon unless we were out in the car, but now he is back to napping for 1.5hours around 3pm (gets up at 9 & goes to bed at 9). I started getting him up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and he would get so tired he would literally just lie down anywhere and nap and he would sleep for 2hours so made up for the 30minutes earlier I got him up! It worked for us!! but then my lo doesn't get up at 5-6am and you might not be so keen to try that!

When he was unwell recently everything went up in the air but funnily his naps have just settled down again.

xx

Thanks, he didn't nap today and again fell asleep in his highchair, I tried making dinner a little earlier but made no difference. I'm just worried that he wont get enough food as he's too tired to eat anymore and I don't have time to make a main meal at lunchtime - he probably wouldn't eat a huge meal then anyway. Hopefully it's just a phase :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->