Anyone else haven't been offered whooping cough vaccination?

Amour

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm overdue and understand I should have been offered a vaccination for whooping cough, but I haven't.

Should I be worried? I understand there is probably no benefit to baby to have it done now. Not sure what I should do about it?

Have you asked your midwife?
I wasn't offered it, but I'd read about it on here, and so I asked my midwife at my 28 week ap and she told me just to book in with the nurse to get it done.

I don't' know if it would be advisable that you bother having or now or not, but the person to ask would be your midwife I suspect.

Yeah, I wasnt offered it.... i just knew other pregnant friends had it, so i booked myself in at 30 weeks for it.

My ob doc never offered it but I went to see my regular doc and he offered it

i wasn't offered it either, I asked my MW about it at my appt today and she said "oh yes if you want it, you can book that in with the nurse".

so after my appt the nurse actually had a cancellation so I had it done there and then.

I would definitely ask your midwife. I wouldn't think it'd be too late yet as baby still gets everything from your blood.

It must depend on what area of the country you live in or something? My midwife told me about it at my 20 week appointment and my doctors surgery has tv screens advertising it!

None of my doctors have mentioned it. I did see a leaflet at the MFM about the flu vaccine but no one has told me to get it.

My midwife mentioned it to me earlier on in the pregnancy, but it was never 'offered' as such, I just had to see the nurse and get it...

I think sometimes it depends where you are, I am in Australia and asked about it but was told they don't like to give it to pregnant women and you will get it the minute bubs is born. Could even just come down to different doctors? So I haven't had mine and won't until bub is here but made sure my family are up to date as they are who will be round bubs the most in those first few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->