Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

Aerith07

Reaction score
With my first two pregnancies I was EXHAUSTED.

With this one I'm having trouble staying asleep. I guess it's anxiety or something because my heart keeps beating fast and wakes me up.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
Yup! I'm still tired all the time and have small naps, but sleep quality is low. Lots of vivid dreams too. I'm in week 11 and still suffering from this. It can be very draining.

Hope it improves for you soon xx

I’m only one day behind you at 5wks, but I as well am finding it hard to stay asleep. I wake up multiple times throughout the night it seems like.

Yup! I'm still tired all the time and have small naps, but sleep quality is low. Lots of vivid dreams too. I'm in week 11 and still suffering from this. It can be very draining.

Hope it improves for you soon xx
I've just turned 12 weeks and really struggling with tiredness out of all of my symptoms, at times I'm even too tired to cook and eat! But then when it comes to night time I struggle to drop off to sleep until about 3am, then wake up wide awake at 8am :roll: I can't win at the min :lol:

xo

I have had terrible insomnia the whole way through. In the first trimester I was so exhausted but still cudnt get a decent night sleep. And now I'm 23 weeks and huge and getting up in the night to pee about 5 times so still not sleeping very well. Oh the Joy's haha. Anxiety will keep u awake as well.

I suffered alot from weeks 25-32, lying awake at night when I'm so tired is so irritating.

Calcium and magnesium tablets are great for relaxing the body, I started taking these along with iron tablets and found they helped me a great deal. I also find a nice warm bath does wonders for me too, and even though this may sound weird, every night when i'm in the shower I turn the hot water on as hot as i can stand it and let it fall over my lower back and legs, this relaxes me alot and lately i've been sleeping really good.

I had this during the first trimester! Like you said, I would wake up with horrible anxiety and couldn’t fall back asleep! I think it was the hormones. I am 20 weeks now and it did get better about a month ago! I hope it gets better for you also!

Yes! It’s so frustrating. I was the same with being SOOO tired the first two pregnancies but just being wired this pregnancy. Even though I’m still tired, I just can’t sleep very much.

I don't know if your sleeplessness is solely anxiety-related, or if it has anything to do with physical discomfort... ? I swear by chiropractic during pregnancy, it helps with SO much. I'm only 8 weeks, but had been having a lot of shoulder pain that kept me from sleeping well. Turns out, one of the joys of pregnancy is super flexible joints, so your spine and pelvis are very likely to get out of whack while you're pregnant, which can cause discomfort that you didn't even realize could be because of that. So if this is you at all, I would definitely recommend a visit to the chiro.

it's off and on for me. I can sleep like a log, but some nights I'm so anxious it feels like I'm struggling to breathe. Last night I was up and like a lunatic around 3-5.

Full on insomnia right now :( been awake since 4am, and the past week I've been waking up between 12 and 4 and not able to go back off, the heat doesn't help and being super uncomfortable, we have a fan on all night and that doesn't help, god help my electric bill!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->