• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

anyone else here pregnant with heart problem/condition/disorder etc?

gracegrace

happily pregnant with 2nd
Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone else is, or has been pregnant with any kind of heart problem?

I'm currently feeling so :sleep: and so :sick: and :cold: and :sleep::sleep::sleep: and because this is my first pregnancy and because the heart problems themselves are so new, I don't know whether this is just normal morning sickness or something to do with my heart. I'm only 7wks but have already been off work sick for a fortnight. Unless I meet my September deadlines, it's going to be very hard for me to return to my job after maternity leave :cry:. I'm got an appointment with the cardiologist at the end of May, but in the meantime am really not sure what to do...

Anyone else been through this, or similar???

I don't have any heart probs (that I know of)!!
I did notice after giving birth to my dd I started to get really strong palpatations, even if I am sitting doing nothing, but they kind of went away after a few months.

Now I am pg again, my heart is going crazy everytime I move.
I feel like my whole body is moving with the force of the beats.

I also feel tired and sick, and made a thread weeks ago about how cold I was feeling, even if its a nice day and I am in the house all wrapped up, my hands and feet can still be freezing.

Don't know if it's normal or not, but my midwife didn't seem bothered.

I wouldn't know either if that were normal or not. But if your heart is feeling so different from your last pregnancy, it's probably worth speaking to your GP about...

hiya hun HEART CONDITION HERE :rofl: i have sinus tachycardia , i get very tired during the day anyhow so being preg makes it worse !! ive just been resting as much as possible and listening to what my body telling me ! my cardiologist called me personally by phone couldnt belive it think it was to reassure me a bit , he just said rest :dohh: anyways hun u aint alone xxxx

Hi... yes, the tiredness!! I've got some form of bradycardia and various arrhythmias, though not yet really sure what or why. Really nice to meet you...

it is horrible at times , my heart has a mind of its own races up to 160bpm just when im sat down at times !!! if ya wanna keep in touch i send ya my hotmail address so we can moan bout our hearts together throughout our pregnancys :hug:

I've had heart problems in the past - was admitted after irregular ECG's and stayed in hospital for 2 weeks. Had loads of tests and all came back inconclusive so they put it down to stress. I mentioned this to my midwife on March 11th at my first appointment and was seen last Friday by a cardio related GP - they want to see me again at my 20 week scan (I'm currently 12+6) and I'm happy with that - they seem to be keeping an eye on it. They cant help me make delivery decisions though til I've seen them at 20 weeks.

I too have been freezing since falling pregnant - I didn't connect it with anything, but wonder if it is related...?

I am sure your appointment in May will reassure you hun - make sure you tell them everything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"