Anyone else HIV +?

I am not hiv+ and have never known anyone who is but I saw this thread and am so glad I looked at it. I must admit that I am quite ignorant to how its treated and transmitted but the little pieces of information I have just read is amazing. I had no idea how advanced medicine had become. I wish you all the success in the future, you really are quite inspiring with your positive thinking. :hugs:

I too was quite ignorant on HIV and it's treatments, I had no idea it was even remotely cureable and assumed it always turned to aids and could not stop infection to other people unless condoms were used.
Thankyou for posting this as there is so much stigma surrounding this virus and hopefully will give other girls the confidence to speak up and be open about it.
Am so glad that you can do the things with your baby that you want, give birth and breastfeed :) :hugs: xx.

Origanilly i posted this to try find someone else in my position, but i'm glad that at least (and most importantly actually) i could help some of you learn a little bit about it. I was also ignorant to a lot of these facts until i was diagnosed.
Just to clarify, without a condom there is always a chance of transmission. but when the viral load is so low and undetectable the risk of trasmission is very much close to zero, add the fact that transmission from female to male is a lot more difficult and my OH should be ok. He is also going to be circumcised as that reduces the risk of transmission by about 60%, so i guess we'll be pretty safe!
This is how so many serodiscordant couples conceive naturally. :) if i think about it, we were together for over two years, no condoms and my viral load was not undetectable and he never got it...so our chances are pretty good!
If you want to know anything else or ask questions feel free to. :flower:

Also, there are a few things to take into consideration when a HIV+ mother decides to BF (which i am not). A HIV+ mother can never BF and FF at the same time. The baby has to be exclusively BF if she wants to keep her baby -. As soon as she decides to stop BF, it has to be cold turkey...straight to Formula and no mixing. There are still risks of transmission, that's why where possible, drs recommend formula feeding from the start, no need to risk it.

Oh! Pick me! Because compounds in the formula can somehow weaken parts of the digestive system, allowing the virus in the breast milk to infect baby. But if the mother is exclusively breastfeeding, that transmission risk is reduced?

If you still have the information I would love to have it. did you do an iui and then contract it?

I too am in awe of how great your attitude is, well done you are amazing ! Can I be nosy & ask do you k ow how you contracted HIV in the first place ? ( no need to answer if you don't want to ) just curious because you oh is negative, & I know there are many ways to contract HIV but we mostly hear of sex & needle sharing & I don't think that's the case with you, by the way so happy for you that your health is going so great !

Really inspirational post xuxa, I learnt a lot an broadened my mind by reading it. Thank you so much for sharing and all the very best for the future xxx

Hello ladies, just saw this site now, this post is a bit long, but am in same situation her, was diagnosed when I was 5 months pregnant, never fell sick, so it hit me so hard, as my hubby is negative, it was not easy at first, I live in UK, I started med immediately, am 8months plus now, and have been undetectable from onset am on trimeq now, very good med, have had no side effect since.
My oh hv been very carrying and supportive, I feel lucky to hv him. Would want advice on what to expect as you ladies are experienced mothers, this is my first baby. I am giving birth naturally as am undetectable, but in UK HIV+ mum are not to breast feed. .
Thanks to you all xxx

Hi ladies,
I was wondering if there is anyone in this forum that has either been diagnosed while pregnant or before being pregnant.
I know there must be someone else out there...if there is and you don't want to post here, please PM me.

:flower:

Hi I was diagnosed with hiv in 2014 we got pregnant this year I lost the baby at 19 weeks. Just had a recent scan done and it shows a might be pregnant again but not sure as it's very small. Will upload pics so I can get comments as to what people think as it's my first time not quite sure what I'm looking at. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->