• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else hoping for a VBAC?

Nagazim

Reaction score
I'm actually hoping for a VBA2C. It will take a miracle for someone in this small town to agree to let me try. I am hopeful though.

No but good luck! It's possible, I'm very lucky to have had two straight forward natural births I'm hoping this time will be the same lol :)
There is a blog called birth without fear, I'm not sure if you've heard of it but there lots of mums that have got a VBAC and VBA2C they have a Facebook page too you should check it out :)
https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/

Me, luckily I've talked to my doctor about it before getting pregnant and he thinks I shouldn't have any issues attempting a vbac delivery, since my csection was only because she was breech.. and I didn't show up at the hospital until I was 9.5cm with bulging waters.. they broke that and I immediately went to pushing stage. (They didn't feel head, so pulled out US machine... yep head up.) Emcs :( so I labored well, just very very quickly. Heres for hoping. Call around until you find one who will. Theres no reason you can't try.

I think I'll be aiming for a VBAC too. I would love a waterbirth but I'll probably not be allowed because of all the monitoring they have to do. But I'll have that discussion later on and find out what the 'rules' are. I'm a bit clueless at the moment!

Remember the only person who can "allow" you to do something is you. Professionals might advice you do have monitoring ect and even word in a way which sounds like they have the authority to insist on it. But its your body and your baby and if you don your own research you may find that you don't want the standard care.

I'm not sure how it works outside of the UK, but it seems that doctors can refuse to care for you if you don't go with their advice? Hardly freedom of choice!!

I'm going for my second VBAC. I want to discuss my care plan with a consultant to establish if I'm at higher risk of PPH as I suffered a PPH with my forceps delivery and very heavy bleeding during my miscarriage. But I intend to have a water birth/labour and intermittent monitoring, if I can't agree a plan which involves me going into hospital I'll be staying at home.

Yes! Although I doubt I'll get one, I have a bicornuate uterus. Plan to express my want for a VBAC at my first OB appt.

I'm hoping for a VBA2C as well :) I love my consultant so will be guided by what he says but as long as he doesn't have any strong objections I will be trying for a natural birth.

Went in to labour with my 1st and got to 9cms but he turned last minute and got stuck resulting in an emergency section. Second was an elective as they discovered a large cyst on my left ovary during my first section which had to come out.

I know ppl will probably think I am bonkers but I loved labour so much and the excitement of not knowing when it was going to happen I am really keen to experience that again.

Good luck to anyone trying for a VBAC xxx

I'm in 2 minds, which surprised me as I was so anti c section before having mine with the twins, my first was natural. There are reasons swaying me both ways, and have until I'm 29 weeks to see doctor so got ages to decide. Natural was amazing, I had a huge rush and feeling of achievement, but I had some complications last time which don't stop me having VBAC but make me more weary, so I need to see how things develop.

Good luck ladies, hope you all get your vbacs xxx

Glad to see a few of us here :) I watched the documentary "The Business of Being Born" last night and now feel like a very empowered woman. Good stuff!

Yes! Although I doubt I'll get one, I have a bicornuate uterus. Plan to express my want for a VBAC at my first OB appt.

Nice to see you are in the SN fandom and love the name choice!

I'm going to try, but I have weak ab muscles due too a car accident and emergency surgery, and my two CS.

Do Dr's truly think after 1 CS you have to have another and another? Like a medical reason. Or is it just easier?

Do Dr's truly think after 1 CS you have to have another and another? Like a medical reason. Or is it just easier?

There are risks associated with VBAC, like uterine tearing, which is very rare but obviously carries serious risks. Also depending on reason for previous section there may be reasons for having another section. It's very dependant on a case to case basis but most areas doctors are supportive and most women do have vbacs .... It's less common on the US but that's probably more to do with insurance and malpractice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->