Anyone else in denial about the whole over 35 thing?

And if I wasnt depressed before I am now :-(

Awwwww Hun. I never meant to do that xx

Of course hun. Don't be silly I guess it just sums up this whole thread and when it's put it black and white it makes you realise the challenge us 'erm' apparently oldies have and hurdles to cross. Sod statistics I say. Let's show em they're wrong :)

:hugs:

well I certianly plan on proving them wrong!!

It was a bit of a bummer to read that - sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone with that information. But, we'll get those BFP.

Ok so I'm actually going to ask since I havn't even looked into it myself. What is so different for us just because we are over 35?

My FS told me its all in the eggs: as we age the amount of good eggs we have dwindles so out of 12 eggs popped out in a year only 1 or 2 might be good ones. So the months theres a good one all the other factors have to work...good strong sperm, implantation etc. The over 35 women who get pregnant first or second month....not sure if they have more good eggs or happened to ovulate the good egg quicker! so much is unknown. Clomid and injectables help a women ovulate 2, 3, 4 eggs and the idea is that hopefully it will be quicker to find that good egg. Ive been TTcing for about 18 months now and over 3 of those months ovulated 9 eggs but still not bfp, so Im hoping IVF will shed some light on the quality of my eggs.

It was a bit of a bummer to read that- sorry.

Personally, I think ttc is just a bummer regardless of age. Being 35+ has more complications and lower success rate, but it all sucks. :dohh:
The only issue I find more discouraging about 35+, is that there is just less time to ttc.

Ok so I'm actually going to ask since I havn't even looked into it myself. What is so different for us just because we are over 35?

My FS told me its all in the eggs: as we age the amount of good eggs we have dwindles so out of 12 eggs popped out in a year only 1 or 2 might be good ones. So the months theres a good one all the other factors have to work...good strong sperm, implantation etc. The over 35 women who get pregnant first or second month....not sure if they have more good eggs or happened to ovulate the good egg quicker! so much is unknown. Clomid and injectables help a women ovulate 2, 3, 4 eggs and the idea is that hopefully it will be quicker to find that good egg. Ive been TTcing for about 18 months now and over 3 of those months ovulated 9 eggs but still not bfp, so Im hoping IVF will shed some light on the quality of my eggs.

Thanks for sharing this information. It gives me a good understanding of what's going on.

I'm another one in the 35+ club...soon to be 36 next month. I had my DD when I was 30 , after being off the pill for 6 months I was pregnant. Never ever expected to not have a 2nd by now :( Had a chemical mc in February of this year. It's nice to have a group to share with.

There are so many days when I wish that I'd never gone on BC. I was only on it for a year and it pretty much busted my PCOS out into the very visible open.

To answer your question, yes. I never ever thought I would have a problem conceiving! We even waited a few months to make sure it didn't interfere with our family wedding ceremony (we had 2 because of immigration).

There are so many days when I wish that I'd never gone on BC. I was only on it for a year and it pretty much busted my PCOS out into the very visible open.

To answer your question, yes. I never ever thought I would have a problem conceiving! We even waited a few months to make sure it didn't interfere with our family wedding ceremony (we had 2 because of immigration).

:hugs: don't lose hope hun, but I know exactly how you feel. We just need to not dwell on the past and look to the future for our BFPs. Anytime you need to rant we're all here too xx

:hugs: don't lose hope hun, but I know exactly how you feel. We just need to not dwell on the past and look to the future for our BFPs. Anytime you need to rant we're all here too xx

I know. :) And honestly, had I not had these issues, there would be problems brewing in my body that I didn't know about - like diabetes, a bigger potential for heart disease, and probably a host of other things. I might not like that all of this is going down now, but it's probably helped me more then I know in the long run.

That said, it's easy at times to ignore that silver lining and wish that I'd never gotten on BC, or that my doctors had discovered the pcos earlier in my life, or that I was at a point when I had better insurance than I do.

In the positive is the fact that I've lost 33 pounds since this journey started (I still have probably about 55 more to lose, but I'm happy to be losing!), and finally had a bit of spotting that wasn't brought on by chemicals. My body seems to be responding to metformin and weight loss, so I know I'm getting closer to a baby.

Clearly I was in denial when my husband and I started trying in May (after his successful reversal). Since I got pregnant with our other 2 children (7 & 9) with relative ease, I just assumed it would be the same. I kept it in the back of my head that "they" say it is harder for those over 35, but I didn't think it would be me. Well here we are in our 4th month of trying TTC #3 (we skipped a 2 months inbetween). I am 6/7 DPO and will know by next Sunday or Monday. I have already made an appointment with my doctor for Tuesday the 25 to discuss my infertility, just in case - hopefully I'll be able to cancel that.
Best wishes for everyone out there TTC.

Hi Lorraine2, I'm in a similar situation to you except TTC #2 and been trying about 15 months - also thought it would be quick as DS1 was quick and I did get pregnant quickly again but m/c ans since then nothing :cry:
I also saw my doctor (I'm UK, not sure where you are) - she was great and referred me (about 9mths since TTC after the m/c) so I have an appointment with the hospital in a few weeks (blood tests and HSG). I'm also similar DPO (about 10 today - I just use OPKs so not sure exactly when) but :witch: is due Sun/Mon so we can be cycle buddies!!
:dust:

Hey SWLondonMum, Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your m/c. I wound up getting AF on Friday. :growlmad: Hope things turn out differently for you. So, I'll go to my appointment with my ob/gyn on Tuesday. I am not really sure what to except, but hopefully she'll run some tests and tell me that I am just being impatient (which I am). I've been charting and using opk so I know we've been timing it right. Have you thought about charting your temps? It gets a little tedious, but it does provide me with some comfort when I see the temp rise (confirming O).
I live in the States.

Hi Lorraine2 - haven't been on for a while but how did your ob/gyn appointment go? I've got mine this week too - from what my doctor said they will probably give me some blood tests and arrange and HSG. My :witch: turned up bang on time a week ago so I didn't even test this month!
I know a lot of people say temping helps but at the moment I don't want to as I think it would stress me out (I don't get up at regular times so it would be hard) and as I've got pregnant twice and my OPK+ is when I would expect given my cycle length (plus I get some light pain around the time I'd expect), I've got no reason to think I'm not ovulating ok. I'll wait and see what they say at my appointment. If there is any doubt as to whether I am ovulating ok then I might change my mind!

Clearly I was in denial when my husband and I started trying in May (after his successful reversal). Since I got pregnant with our other 2 children (7 & 9) with relative ease, I just assumed it would be the same. I kept it in the back of my head that "they" say it is harder for those over 35, but I didn't think it would be me. Well here we are in our 4th month of trying TTC #3 (we skipped a 2 months inbetween). I am 6/7 DPO and will know by next Sunday or Monday. I have already made an appointment with my doctor for Tuesday the 25 to discuss my infertility, just in case - hopefully I'll be able to cancel that.
Best wishes for everyone out there TTC.

Hi Lorraine2, I'm in a similar situation to you except TTC #2 and been trying about 15 months - also thought it would be quick as DS1 was quick and I did get pregnant quickly again but m/c ans since then nothing :cry:
I also saw my doctor (I'm UK, not sure where you are) - she was great and referred me (about 9mths since TTC after the m/c) so I have an appointment with the hospital in a few weeks (blood tests and HSG). I'm also similar DPO (about 10 today - I just use OPKs so not sure exactly when) but :witch: is due Sun/Mon so we can be cycle buddies!!

Hey SWLondonMum, Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your m/c. I wound up getting AF on Friday. :growlmad: Hope things turn out differently for you. So, I'll go to my appointment with my ob/gyn on Tuesday. I am not really sure what to except, but hopefully she'll run some tests and tell me that I am just being impatient (which I am). I've been charting and using opk so I know we've been timing it right. Have you thought about charting your temps? It gets a little tedious, but it does provide me with some comfort when I see the temp rise (confirming O).
I live in the States.

Hi Lorraine2 - haven't been on for a while but how did your ob/gyn appointment go? I've got mine this week too - from what my doctor said they will probably give me some blood tests and arrange and HSG. My :witch: turned up bang on time a week ago so I didn't even test this month!
I know a lot of people say temping helps but at the moment I don't want to as I think it would stress me out (I don't get up at regular times so it would be hard) and as I've got pregnant twice and my OPK+ is when I would expect given my cycle length (plus I get some light pain around the time I'd expect), I've got no reason to think I'm not ovulating ok. I'll wait and see what they say at my appointment. If there is any doubt as to whether I am ovulating ok then I might change my mind!

Just a quick update, I saw the FS and the news is not great - he looked at my results from 4yrs ago and said they were already low and given the time lapse they are probably now very low :cry: I'm doing blood tests and my scan is not for 3 months but he basically recommended IVF (he said Clomid and IUI would be slower and given my age I should get pregnant asap!). He's pretty sure I am ovulating, the issue is my poor egg quality!
How did your appointment go - hopefully better than mine (sorry not been on for ages so haven;'t seen if you've posted elsewhere!)

I just wanted to tie up this origanal thread I created to give you ladies some hope. Not only am I in the over 35 bracket (37 soon to be 38) but my OH and I found out he has low sperm morphology (2% of them are normal form). However last night totally unexpectedly as I was SURE I wasn't I got my BFP! So it can and does happen so all you ladies keep positive as you'll not be far behind if you've not already conceived since this thread was first posted last year.

Hugs to all

I knew it was going to be hard! but not this bloody hard.

Well, I am still in denial and I have just turned 46 but still feel like 26! :wacko:

FS has put me on Clomid which has worked this cycle, I had a scan and it showed an 18mm follicle, he said to give Clomid a go for 4 cycles, then after that, we go for IVF. I have a good FSH at 6.2 and OH's SA is good.

Am going to be starting acupunture soon and am doing my best to stay positive!!

I can't believe I ama 35. I still get asked for ID when buying wine! I was pregnant when I was 20, but that wasn't to be. So I am trying now. I still feel and look very young, so I hope this mental attitude well help me. So scared though.

Between the ages of 17 & 29 I had 6 children & no m/c. (two of these failed birth control !)

I am now in my 30`s TTC for 15 cycles & 2 m/c :-(
We were soooo shocked when I dident get pregnant right away !!

With my other pregnancies I smoked (not many but I did) drank untill I found out, drank coffee / coke, took no vitamins ect - not even folic acid !!!

Now I do everything right but no sticky BFP :-(

Thank you for this forum. I’m nearly 37 years old and trying for baby #2 with no luck in the last 4 months. We had our first child when I was 35. Hope to meet others who are starting families a little later. Hope.

:hi: hope

Yes it's a hard journey and it's taken me since April 2011 to finally get my BFP last Friday. I'm praying this one doesn't end in mc like the last time. It's an emotional rollercoaster :hugs: x

:hi: hope

Yes it's a hard journey and it's taken me since April 2011 to finally get my BFP last Friday. I'm praying this one doesn't end in mc like the last time. It's an emotional rollercoaster :hugs: x

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"