anyone else in the same pain....

neady

Reaction score
these past few days ive had really bad pains in my hips, walkin really hurts, i have to like walk like an old dear and shuffle along its awful, then all today ive been havin like shootin pains in my vagina :blush:
anyone else feelin the same?
anyone know what it is/
x

Definately sounds like it could be the start of SPD, mention it to your midwife next time you see her. Its horrible and I find some days I really hurt all day particularly getting in/out car, turning over in bed and lifting my legs up (like when you put your trousers on) and definately have a waddle from it. hope your ok :hugs: xxx

whats spd? im totally clueless haha.
do they do anything for it? x

Definately sounds like it could be the start of SPD, mention it to your midwife next time you see her. Its horrible and I find some days I really hurt all day particularly getting in/out car, turning over in bed and lifting my legs up (like when you put your trousers on) and definately have a waddle from it. hope your ok :hugs: xxx

I feel the exact same way!!! & the shooting pains too. But what is SPD I have never heard of it before.

ive just googled it, oh noooooo!! sounds painful and a nightmare.
i didnt think my pregnancy could gget much worse look like im wrong.

do u struggle to move in bed aswell, no matter how i lie in in pain. x

At my hospital they dont talk about spd... they just say its normal part of being pregnant so they wouldnt do anything for me. Think its more recognized in England than in the States. I had issues getting out of bed & had a hard time esp. with my right hip - sometimes couldnt stand on my right leg at all. Had to sit on the bed to put my pants on etc... As soon as my LO was born - the pain all went away!

will it get worse as time goes on?

I cant think of the full term :blush: but I think its caused from your bones softening too much :wacko: my midwife has referred me for physio but I'm not sure what exactly happens :shrug:

In bed try sleeping with a pillow between your legs - I wake up everytime I turn over anyway so just reposition it and it helps just a little bit. Also when getting in and out of bed/car shuffle round rather than one leg then the other (dont let your legs open too wide cause this makes the pain worse)

Sorry I cant be more specific :hugs: xxx

I cant get out of bed without OH helping me up and even then I have to hold on to the dresser/walls to make my way anywhere plus I walk super goofy like. Picking up my legs to put pants on is always a no go I pretty much almost fall over if I try. I also have the most problem with my right hip as well. I thought it was just because that is the side i prefer to sleep on the most.

SPD is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction - it's caused by an increase in the hormone relaxin, which softens the ligaments (not the bone) between joints. The pubic symphysis is the part at the front of the pelvis where the two main bones of the pelvis join. SPD is also sometimes known as Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP).

You can have SPD to varying degrees. Some people find their's is quite mild and they just ache a bit, others have to rely on crutches for some or all of the time, and in severe cases you can be wheelchair-bound.

It's generally believed that labour is/should be slightly easier as the pelvis ligaments are very soft and flexible. Some SPD suffers find labour more painful as a result of the SPD, but many find it's actually a benefit.

Hope this helps :)

i have SPD and its awful! i cant move in bed my OH has to roll me over! lol, mine has gotton worse towards the end, but if u can book an appoinement with your physio, they will give you advice and also give u a belt to wear to help support you so its less painful. but always try and keep your legs together, like getting into a car, put your bum onto the seat first then turn with both legs together, as it makes it more painful when your legs are apart, and when your puttin trousers on always sit down! its very annoying but it helps, and like hayley said definatly sleep with a pillow between your legs =) hope this helps!

swing your arms when you walk (as if you were marching) - it'll lock your hips in place and really helps to relieve the pain in your hip (works for me anyway, I look like a moron LOL but better than dealing with the pain!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->