Anyone else jumping the gun?

LadyofRohan

Mummy to Éowyn
Reaction score
We aren't going to TTC until January 2010, but I find myself looking online at baby stuff: cribs, bedding , nursery decor, bassinets, toys, etc.

I've ordered and read several books already about pregnancy and taking care of babies.

I've already picked out the crib and matching dresser that I want and also some things I plan on putting on a baby wish list.

I keep telling myself that I'm just looking at prices so I know how much to save up for when we do actually have a baby :blush:

I think I'm going to be baby crazy for the next few months :wacko:

Totally normal (I think lol). I did this first time round and I'm already looking at things for baby number 2! And I've got longer to wait than you as well :D xx

I'm a sucker for catalogues. My big treat when I get pregnant will be getting the Mothercare one as we have a massive store nearby.

yup, im totally with you on that one! Ive even started a list, with links to the webpages!! :rofl: Well, it gives me something to do!

OH and I have been browsing catalogues, though I've secretly been doing it for years!! :p
We've got 2 years to wait, but as we've just set the date for TTC we're a little excited still :) So glad other people do it too!! xx

Oh yer, we've decided on the pram (silver cross linear freeway) have got the cradle from amelie but decided on the bedding set and drapes.
Also know what changing table, monitor etc were getting. And names are pretty much decided too lol.

Wow names and everything! You are very organised - I'm jealous! :p OH and I have very different opinions on names. I dunno, I have ideas, but I'm hoping when he/she is born I'll just look at them and know their name. Fingers crossed! XD

yep all the time! i no just what i want for baby no 2! we even have our boys name picked, as well as cot, wallpaper, steriliser and bottles! the only think i'm not sure about is next pram, though i want two, so def have one picked out! it's so excited! and i still have a year to wait!

Yep !!! constantly looking at baby things - prams, cots, moses baskets, wee clothes, cot mobiles, highchairs, baby swings, seats, car seats, baby baths, nappies, layette things -wipes, hairbrushes powder, cream, cotton, baby scissors, sponges, bottles, breast pumps, steriliser units, changing tables /mats, maternity clothes, early learning toys, OMG the list goes on and on and on and on and on

I am going ever so slightly baby mad :wacko:

Even started to think about how the labour will progress, and my birthing choices this time round lol

xx

I've even taken OH into Mothercare and Mammas and Papas. I got asked if we needed any help choosing a buggy - time for a diet methinks!

I've even taken OH into Mothercare and Mammas and Papas. I got asked if we needed any help choosing a buggy - time for a diet methinks!

Pahahahahaha XD I wouldn't worry too much, they've asked me before as well and I could do with a pie or two. Mmmmmm pie *drool*

Well, I can't say if it's normal behaviour or not, but I can certainly say that you're not alone! I am right there with ya!!

I can't help myself! I do think I am obsessed! x

I am too. Rather than going back to sleep when OH had left for work, I came on here. But now I'm definitely going to bed.

Aaaahhhh who am I kidding?! I'm gonna re-read my Mothercare catalogue!!

I'm in baby shops still fairly often (I have a 6 month old & 2 friends are 38/39 weeks pregnant.. anddd now OH's cousin is pregnant and due in April!) .. I am forever falling in love with things I already have for Elyse, so I'm thinking about next LO!!

You're so lucky! I wish I had an excuse! :p However, my sister's just found out she's pregnant again, and her little girl's only 18 months. So I do have some excuses, but they live in Cornwall so we only see them twice a year. But still! :p

I've been looking at some baby related bits and pieces online but I'm trying to stop myself - I don't want to get my hopes up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->