Anyone Else Just Forgotten There Child In A Pub?

Friends of my parents left their daughter (4 years old) in a book store only to realize it like 5 hours later when everyone was like "where in Charys??" and the police had her, so they went to the cop shop and she was SO mad, saying "YOU LEFT ME BEHIND!!" She was busy at the book store playing with the pet rooster that the store had and everyone got in the van and drove away, not noticing she wasn't there.

i couldnt forget any of mine, even getting into different cars is no excuse, you'd make sure they were all in the cars before driving off surely :shrug:

But would you really? Would everyone really go back to their cars and then phone the other one up and say 'right, i've got x and y, have you go z?' Rightly or wrongly people make mistakes in assuming things and assuming your OH has one of your lo's is something that can happen. Especially if mum walks off with little 'z' following her. Mum doesn't realise, dad thinks 'z' has gone with mum so isn't worried about it. Then 'z' branches off to the loo. dad leaves thinking that 'z' is with mum - a good assumption given that he saw 'z' following mum. I can see how easy it is.

I also don't agree that SS would be getting heavy handed just because a couple were from a council estate. If there were other factors involved then yes they would get involved. In the same way if the Camerons had been neglectful in any other way then they'd get involved.

And for the record, no i haven't left either of them anywhere before.

I don't know why everybody is making such a big deal out of it! I'd say most people were forgotten at some point as children. My brother and sister are twins and on their christening she took my sister out of the car in her car seat, my two grans were in the back so she expected one of them to take my brother, neither did! Nobody noticed that he was in the car until my uncle had driven it about an hour away with him still in the back :haha:

I think this is Dave 'regular guy' Cameron using some distraction techniques seeing as he's in front of Leveson this week...

its honestly really not that bad :roll:

it clearly says she wandered off without telling anyone, they each assumed she was with the other, and considering they both travel with security teams its EASY to assume the others have all been accounted for!

she wasnt harmed, its hardly madeline mccann scale neglect is it.

I don't know why everybody is making such a big deal out of it! I'd say most people were forgotten at some point as children. My brother and sister are twins and on their christening she took my sister out of the car in her car seat, my two grans were in the back so she expected one of them to take my brother, neither did! Nobody noticed that he was in the car until my uncle had driven it about an hour away with him still in the back :haha:

I was about 8 and went to the supermarket with my Mum. They didn't have the magazine I was after, so I walked round the corner to the newsagent while she was packing the shopping, and she'd pick me up on the way home. She just forgot! Went home, was unpacking the shopping and realised I wasn't helping (I usually did) and then remembered!

I think it is easier to do that we realise, if you are on autopilot.

i used to deliberately try and lose my sister :lol: i used to push the trolley away and swap it for other peoples with her in it :rofl:

She came to no harm, seemed like a genuine breakdown of communication.

Wonder if the kids got paid for 'helping' the staff :rofl:

V xxx

But would you really? Would everyone really go back to their cars and then phone the other one up and say 'right, i've got x and y, have you go z?'

I can honestly say that yes I would :lol:

I dunno, call me paranoid or whatever but I'm the kind of person that always feels like I've lost something, wether it being keys, purse or even me kids :haha:

x

I can see the funny side. It probably happens a lot but people don't admit to it for fear of being reported to SS!

I lost my little girl once in a soft play area. I took my eyes of her for 30 secomds and she was gone. The whole place was searching for her, all the staff, all the mums (it was a toddler morning so wasnt very busy) all the doors were locked. I was in a blind panic. Turned out she had followed a little boy and his mum to the top of the climbing frame. We found her sitting in the middle of a rope ladder.

I admit I had taken my eye of her because my friend was talking to me and I was busy listening to some gossip. We were in a play centre, where was she going to go? But it happened just like these things do. Should I have been reported to SSand made to take parenting classes?

Proves they are human after all. Well David is half human half snake!

I think some people are being too harsh on them. Its not like they just forgot her, they just thought she was with one of them. Everyone makes mistakes. Its not like they got pissed as a fart and then actually 'forgot' her.

Want something a bit worse? My hubby got a call saying a woman had left her baby in the shopping cart at a local store and could he please call the store and tell them she was coming back for the baby? :dohh:

We're all perfect until WE do something stupid.

I always say "I hope to god I never do somethihng like that" and never slag anyone off for having done it because it really can happen to anyone. Being sleep deprived, or distracted, or just having an off day can really mess with people. People have done far worse... and had consequences far worse :( and it is SO sad. There was a man here a few years ago whose wife had an appointment so he was going to take their son to daycare for her then go to work. Well, as it wasn't his normal routine, he forgot to drop their son off and it was in the middle of winter. He came out at the end of the day and their son had frozen to death. It's absolutely gut wrenching as so sad to think that can happen just because you forget... but human nature is to forget. :(

I really am sure thy felt awful and were scared when they realized she wasn't with them... but I can see how that could easily happen in that situation. I don't have an entourage and multiple vehicles to worry about losing Elyse though ;)

I can see how it was done. I also believe that this release is related to the fact he is appearing to the Levison this week

And this is the man in charge of our country... he can't even be resposible enough to make sure he hasn't left anyone in his family behind, it doesn't bode well!

David Cameron has left his daughter at the pub.

Kate and Gerry McCann like this.

The fact that he runs this country doesn't have anything to do with it. If you had to be a perfect parent, husband, worker, son, daughter etc etc etc in order to run the country then no-one would be able to stand for PM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->