Anyone Else Just Forgotten There Child In A Pub?

It wasn't a pub but we did in a shop once. Usually after paying OH goes of to the car with the trolley with both kids and I pay, catching them up. This one time though we took the buggy so had one in each.
Once packed OH started to walk off like usual while I paid, I then met him at the door only to realise we had forgotton LO in her buggy as both had thought she was with the other.

Ok so we only got to the door and even if we had made it the car we obviously would have realised at that point. As they was travelling seperatly I can see that it would be easier than many actually think. If they both genuinly thought the other had her with them then why would they feel the need to be phoning the other to double check etc?

I agree with a PP too, even if it had been a 'council estate' family I don't think SS would have been heavily involved, it wasn't neglect on maddeline mccanns scale it was a genuine mistake, TBH I think alot of people are blowing it out of proportion, he isn't the first thats going to forget and I very much doubt he'll be the last.

Ridiculous really lol. I always check where mine are before leaving anywhere, I also have a habit of looking back and checking we have left nothing!

Maybe I'm just a tight arse, but we only have 1 set of car seats, I assumed most families were the same on that! Aren't kids meant to be in car seats til they're about 10?! Surely they'd have noticed when yhey didn't have the big fuss of which seats in which car? Or maybe Cos they're wadded they don't have that issue!

I know a family who will not travel 2 parents in the same car. The mother has made it quite clear that if one parent dies in a car accident, she doesn't want either of the kids orphaned completely. They do however sometimes travel one child in one car and one in the other, but at times it is both kids with one parent and the other parent drives by themselves. Absolutely ridiculous, but in this case you can see how easily you could leave a kid behind thinking they were with the other parent if you weren't careful.

Honestly, with all the security and stuff around them i can both why it did happen and also wonder how the hell?
Firstly, surely its someones job to make sure all the Prime-ministers family are safe?! It seems like it should be now...
Secondly, with all the people around them, it must be easy for one little girl to sneak off for a wee. (Although i wouldn't let an 8year old go to the toilet alone i'm afraid)

Thirdly, i ALWAYS leave Evelyn at the pub, after a few vodkas its easy to forget.... :rofl:

It doesn't need a visit from SS, it happens a lot more than people think, MIL was left on a bus as a baby...sometimes parents do genuinely and accidently forget!

Maybe I'm just a tight arse, but we only have 1 set of car seats, I assumed most families were the same on that! Aren't kids meant to be in car seats til they're about 10?! Surely they'd have noticed when yhey didn't have the big fuss of which seats in which car? Or maybe Cos they're wadded they don't have that issue!

Kids of 8 need to be on boosters at least, even though you can get them quite cheaply. I have a spare for my mums car for my eldest who is the same age so I'm sure on their kind of money an extra booster or so wouldn't be a problem. :)

never done it but can see how it easy it might be xx

My mum got on a bus without me when I was small, she realised fairly quickly and got off the next stop and ran back in a huge panic. My mum is a great parent, but anyone can make a mistake. Most of us here are relatively new parents or waiting to become parents but fast forward 18 years and I wonder how many of us will be able to say we never lost one of our children in a shop once, or made some other seemingly neglectful mistake? Not many of us I bet.

David Cameron is human like the rest of us and this incident doesn't make him a bad prime minister - his politics make him a bad prime minister but that's a whole other thread haha.....

I don't think the Camerons need to worry about the cost of extra car seats :lol:

I do let my children go to the loo on their own when we're out. They are more than capable (they are 8 and 6).

This story is completely stupid.

I did go out Once and leave newborn mojo in the hall! I realised though just as I was about to start the car!

My nan left my dad outside the village chemist in his pram. Walked home then realised she had forgotten him. I find that quite funny, but i probebly wouldnt if i had done it, id be mortified lol x

haha. this is funny!!

and btw....

Nice that he has security officers driving with him and his wife just has the kids on her own!!!! so considerate of you David, that's it, put yourself first!!! lol. Xx

Nice that he has security officers driving with him and his wife just has the kids on her own!!!! so considerate of you David, that's it, put yourself first!!! lol. Xx

I would imagine this is a security measure taken by the people who are charged with protecting him. Whether you like him or not, he is the Prime Minister, and that brings with it specific and very real security issues - the same will be true of the Royal Family and other prominent politicians in sensitive jobs (for instance, anyone who has ever held the post of Northern Ireland Secretary is afforded security protection for the rest of their lives such is the ongoing risk to their safety)

The world David and Samantha Cameron live in is very far removed from ours, and I for one wouldn't do that job for all the tea in China.

I would imagine this is a security measure taken by the people who are charged with protecting him. Whether you like him or not, he is the Prime Minister, and that brings with it specific and very real security issues - the same will be true of the Royal Family and other prominent politicians in sensitive jobs (for instance, anyone who has ever held the post of Northern Ireland Secretary is afforded security protection for the rest of their lives such is the ongoing risk to their safety)

The world David and Samantha Cameron live in is very far removed from ours, and I for one wouldn't do that job for all the tea in China.

who said i didnt like him?? lol. it was a joke!!!

just saying as he has protection why do his family not??

but anyway yeh it was a lighthearted joke (hence the lol.) and im quite aware of why he (and the royal family!!) needs security protection. no need to take it seriously :thumbup:

Letting an 8 year old girl go the toilet on her own in a pub? how stupid obviously out of sight is out of mind for some people!

Sorry i might be being a little paranoid here but them being high profile and all brings this to mind ! kidnapping, abuse(a case of little girl in toilet few years back, mom outside waiting outside the toilets) ) well actually low profile familys have these things happen too!

Letting an 8 year old girl go the toilet on her own in a pub? how stupid obviously out of sight is out of mind for some people!

Sorry i might be being a little paranoid here but them being high profile and all brings this to mind ! kidnapping, abuse(a case of little girl in toilet few years back, mom outside waiting outside the toilets) ) well actually low profile familys have these things happen too!

yes thats one of the things that first came to my mind was kidnap for ransome!!! which is why i think his family should travel with security too!!

I totally agree, i do think that is far to young an age to be going to the toilet alone.

I once nearly left the school playground after picking up the kids without them... In my defence they had wondered off to play with friends and I didn't know they weren't following me until I got to the gate :p

Everyone was kicking up a fuss and how he is the Prime Minister and he shouldn’t be doing things like this. Hold on one second, at the end of the day he is human like the rest of us and has made a mistake - I am sure he never meant to leave his daughter at the pub...in fact if I remember correctly he thought she was with friends in another car. Just glad it had a happy ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->