Anyone else kinda.... terrified?

mammag

Expecting a Rainbow
Reaction score
After years of infertility, and then another year or so talking myself into all the reasons it's "better" to not have a new baby, this surprise baby of mine is sorta scaring the heck out of me? Do not mistake me for a second, I'm over the moon. I'm so excited. But the thought of a whole new baby, of losing my independence, I had to quit my job, can I even go back to work? Will OH be a good dad? I'll be almost 50 when this child moves out! Lol. I know, this sounds like a lot of complaints, but it's really not. It's just a few of the zillion things running through my brain.

I completely understand, and I think most people have the same worries. My situation was a little different, we decided to start trying and then conceived 2 weeks later. We're ready for kids, but I was a expecting a little more time to get used to the idea that we really might have one! I also love my life now, and worry about a baby holding me back. The first few weeks of my pregnancy I was excited but also very hesitant and not really feeling like I was connected to this thing growing inside me. I feel like that changed when we had our first ultrasound. Just remember, no one feels entirely ready for such a big life change...but when I see the love my sister has for her kids, I know that it is such a special relationship that I won't resent being unable to spend more time on myself or with friends. At least that's what a I tell myself, ha!

Its totally normal to be a bit terrified I know I was, being only 18 when I fell pregnant , plus me and oh had only been together a few months so it was pretty scary! Haha and having a baby does pretty much take over your whole life haha andtotally change your whole perspective on life and your whole mindset but it makes you! Having my son really made me who I am today and I know it sounds cringey but he saved my life, I've been depressed from a very young age and having him did st first knock me sideways a bit but in the end he gave me the strength to get help and get better ❤without him I can't say I would be here today, they truly are a blessing ☺and as for your relationship if yous love each other and are truely committed it can make your relationship so much stronger again I might sound totally cringey here but in thatmoment just after I gave birth to my son and held him in my arms for the first time I had never felt so much love, not just for my new baby boy but for my oh too it was quite overwhelming and I thought it was just because of everything that had just happened (giving birth and all :haha: ) but iI can honestly say to this day that that same strong feeling of love hasn't left me... Even though my oh can drive me crazy sometimes!! :haha: and as for going back to work that is an option you will know what's best for you , your baby, your wee family when the time comes ☺

That's enough of me rambling on anyways haha oh congrats btw :flower:

Scared poopless over here.... DD is 3 months old and I'm a month pregnant.
Going to have my hands full!

SO and I are going to be working extra hard to make sure we are as ready as we can be.

I'm petrified because we weren't expecting this at all. This baby was a complete shock, especially since I was on BC. My BF and I are both petrified. His place isn't big enough so we're going to have to move, he has a job but I'm currently unemployed and do NOT want him solely supporting me and the baby, I don't know if we are emotionally mature enough to handle it, etc... I'm sure we'll be fine but I'm petrified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->