Anyone else losing hair?

stickylizard

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm a little concerned because as far as I knew, we were supposed to have luscious thick hair during pregnancy, and then lose some afterwards. Of course no rule applies to everyone and I know some of us get very dry or very greasy hair (I for one have to have words with the higher powers about my SKIN because I have the opposite of a "glow" but that's another gripe!) but I have not heard of ladies losing hair in pregnancy?

It seems to be after every shower when I am combing my hair long strands just come out, it's every day and I'm worried I'll end up with no hair!

I treat it well - I mean it gets blow dried and occasionally straightened, but other than than I wash it with shampoo and conditioner, don't dye it and don't use any products on it (I have heard wax can weaken the follicles). It's quite short so it just does it's own thing, I don't put strain on it by tying it back tight or anything?

Can anyone shed some light or reassure me that I won't go bald??

Is there maybe a certain vitamin or mineral I'm not getting enough of?

Any replies appreciated, thanks ladies :flower: xxx

Hi hun,
Have you had your thyroid checked at all recently? When mine is low I lose a lot of hair, too. I also look more pasty, have acne, and am way less "glowy". Maybe that's what's happening to you, too?
Whatever the case, I am quite sure you won't go bald! I've gone through stages of losing lots of hair, and no one ever notices but me. And then the stage passes and my hair grows back like normal.
:hugs:

I didn't have it myself, but my friend did during pregnancy at it's all growing back now :)
After i had Adrian, mine fell out in (what felt like) handfuls. My hair was just past shoulder length at the time so it probably looked like more than it was...
I'm still shedding some everyday but i wouldnt say loads.
BTW, i think the pregnancy glow and lovely hair and skin is a myth!

Thanks ladies, I will ask for my thyroid to be checked at my 28 wk appt next week. xxx

I didn't have it during pregnancy but after giving birth I would be washing my hair and could pull loads out as I rinsed it! I was getting worried but googled it and aparantly it's very very common

i remember it falling out after having my first. i thought i was gonna end up bald the way it was going. Dont know about it falling out during pregnancy though

I malt like a dog without pregnancy anyway but last time approx 3 mnths after baby was born i started losing a lot and thought i would go bald but didnt lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->