Anyone else losing weight?

Leids

Mommy :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm nearing second tri, but I can't seem to stop losing weight. I gained about 5lbs with my first pregnancy so this is unexpected. My morning sickness isn't severe and I haven't been puking or anything. I am breastfeeding at the same time, so I suppose that could be doing it.

So far I've lost about 13lbs. I'm considered obese so it's not a huge deal, hell if I lose 5 more pounds I'll no longer be considered obese and will just be overweight.

I was expecting to gain weight last week but instead I lost another 2lbs. I was with family for 10 days and they fed me a lot and it wasn't particularly health foods either. I was stressed like crazy during the entire trip though. My thyroid was checked 2 weeks ago and is normal (though it's more active than normal, which again could be causing this).

As nice as it is to lose weight, my husband is worried and my doctor is a little baffled. Anyone else in the same boat? I'd almost rather be gaining weight. I have my 12 week scan today so will see if everything is okay, OB found heart beat on doppler yesterday so I know he/she is still baking away!

I'm 9 weeks, I've lost 12lb although it seems to have stabilised a little now - possibly because I'm craving cheese! I've been nauseous and had a bit of reduced appetite but no sickness. I'm normally BMI about 24 but am down to about 22.5 now. GP said to get back in touch if I lost more than 10% of my original weight! OBGYN wasn't worried.

I'm losing weight too. Only 4lbs so far, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Not had any sickness just get full quicker then before i was pregnant. I have a normal bmi so don't want to lose much more weight but I'm sure it won't last much longer before I start putting on. At least I won't have as much to lose when baby is born!

I'd lost 26 pounds by 20 weeks with my first baby... and then I gained it all back plus 35 more in third tri! It just kept piling on at that point, and I could not stop it!!! AAAHHHHHH!!! With my second baby, I maintained my weight during first tri and had lost 10 pounds by the time baby was born... That was a lot of hard work, though. This time, I've gained 5 pounds so far, and now I'm working hard to keep it down and get that weight off. (Note: My doctor and a nutritionist have both helped me to lose weight during my second pregnancy and with this one. I wouldn't advise trying without the help of a professional, but if weight does come off naturally, it is just fine! Just keep taking care of yourself, and your body will take care of your baby!)

I lost about 10lbs during the first trimester. I chalked it up to eating small and often, body building a baby, and being too tired at times to sit around and snack while I watch a movie.

When I got pg I weighed 235. I now weight 207 :( I have constant nausea ....but have only thrown up a few times. Luckily my baby is doing great! Go back to see my ob tomorrow to check on weight. Glad to know I'm monot thw only one having problems. Good luck ladies!!!! :)

Thanks ladies. :hugs: Since I'm already big I'm not too concerned, and my OB isn't all that concerned either just seemed confused. :haha:

Baby is okay. Ultrasound tech said it couldn't have looked any better, so that's awesome news. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->