Anyone else love thier midwife??

Weege

Reaction score
May be a bit of a pointless thread but ive been reading lots of stories of mummies to be who have really crappy midwives!
In my 1st pregnancy my midwife was shockingly bad and told me nothing, when she asked if there were any problems, she never noted anything down in my mat notes and just wrote everything well in pregnancy.
Anyway, my midwife I have now is the loveliest woman i could ever wish for and I just wanted to let everyone know, they are out there!!
So yeah thats about it really :D

P.S Sorry bout the wrong spelling in the title. my fingers moved too quickly for my brain to catch up lol

Your lucky, Im afraid not.. Ive had a different one every single time Ive been and the one that Im stuck with now seems very impersonal and didnt crack a smile at my last appointment even when I tried to make conversation. Seeing her again next friday so will see how it goes!

I even sent her a text message four weeks ago with a worry I was having with some pains and she didnt even bother getting back to me x

Oh jeez, yes! Mine is an absolute SWEETHEART, when I was concerned about pains, she told me to come in,... was I free that day??! etc... she said "I'm sure everything is fine, but it's nice to have some reassurance.. come on in and we'l hear heartbeat again"

She's so lovely xx

Yes! Mines lovely always there when i need her and very helpful! I'm glad im one of the lucky ones :)

I LOVE my mw!!! She is such a wonderful person. I'm 41, and have had NO negative comments from her. She delivered my last child, held me thru an mc and was totally happy to see me this time and is thrilled baby is 'sticking'.

This is my fourth baby thru the same Drs' office, but my first two babes were delivered by a different mw, I loved her as well.

So I've been VERY lucky, I hate reading about negative mw's. I always feel so bad and wish they could all see my mw. LOL

I've been super lucky with my OB. She helped me get through my m/c earlier this year - her bedside manner was great, and she was good at reassuring me that there was nothing I could have done to prevent that. This time around, she's very much easy to work with and gets me laughing at my baby's appointments. She keeps me informed of what to expect at both this appointment and the next one. She's great at handling the questions from both DH and me. When I had a spotting scare a few weeks ago, I called the night line and got a call the next morning to make sure everything was okay. I'm very pleased with my OB!

Couldn't be any further from the truth! I hate my midwife!!!!!! Lol x

I've seen two so far and they have both been nice. through my last pregnancy i never saw the same midwife twice,i guess it will be the same this time too x

I love my midwife. She delivered both of mine and now I am pregnant again and get to see her again. YAY :)

I have an Obstetrician that I was referred to rather than a midwife, but she is really great! She takes the time to answer all my questions and goes through a very thorough health check at every visit. She's also very friendly so I feel confident that she has taken charge. :)

i absolutely adore mine.. i always look forward to seeing her every four weeks, she is so gente and kind and funny

Yes! I love my midwife! She was so amazing when I was pregnant with my son that I requested her for this time. I'm lucky that at my hospital, I see the same midwife throughout my pregnancy and unless she really isn't available, she'll deliver my baby too. Couldn't ask for a more caring, thoughtful lady :)

I loooove my community midwife, and the midwives at the hospital, and the consultants AND even the sonographers at the hospital. Literally anyone who has had anything to do with the pregnancy has been fabulous and so helpful. It makes me so sad when ladies write on here about their horrible experiences, I wish I could give them my appointments so they get properly looked-after by nice people.

I don't know because i've barely seen her. I had one very quick appointment to fill out some forms and get some folic acid. But when should i hear from her? How often do you see the midwife throughout? I really want it to be a nice, personal experience.

With this pregnancy im seeing the same MW thru out and shes ok,tries her best to be sociable, returns my calls, and signed my MAT B1 on time- without causing a fuss - so so far ive no complaints.

I don't know because i've barely seen her. I had one very quick appointment to fill out some forms and get some folic acid. But when should i hear from her? How often do you see the midwife throughout? I really want it to be a nice, personal experience.

I hope someone in your part of the world comes along this thread and sees your questions. As it's so different over there, then here. Here in the US, we see the MW every 4 wks, until about the 36 wk mark, then it's once a week. Unless there are problems/complications.

I'm being seen by a 'team', so every appointment pretty much brings someone new. They have all been lovely though, except one who seemed a bit 'frazzled' and another who couldn't answer any on my questions whatsoever (but did direct me to ask my consultant). The MW at my 12 week hospital appt. was excellent, attentive & VERY supportive of my desire for WBAC, despite the Dr. trying to force a section on me so early. I'm hoping as the weeks progress I get to see at least one or two more regularly so that there's a better chance of someone I'm familiar with delivering LO.

I like mine. Shame I cant see her though! shes like gold dust. Couldnt get a 16 wk appt. Tried to book in Oct for 20 week and nothing til Jan when I should be 30+ weeks.

My midwife is lovely too, which is very fortunate because I can't say the same for my consultant and his so-called 'doctor-registrant' in my local ante-natal clinic.

So I'm always excited when she comes to visit- and then I book private appointments if I want to check my baby out (ie my cervical cerclage etc).

x

This is the second time I've had mine, and she's great. Very knowledgeable and down to earth. She gives me confidence in my body's ability to get on and make this baby without interventions. I've also got a student who is lovely and very enthusiastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->