Anyone else measuring small?

Terangela

Reaction score
At my 28 week appointment I was measuring 27 cm, at my 32 week appointment I was measuring 31 cm, at my 34 week appointment I was measuring 32 cm. So they sent me for a growth scan. It all came back normal. Normal water level, normal for gestational age growth, normal cord and baby was rated 8/8 for the score. Now at my 36 week (36 weeks 3 days) appointment I am measuring 33cm.

Baby hasn't dropped, position is still the same. I gained weight. The u/s came back looking great. Baby's HB has been steady at or around 152 BPM. There is still lots of movement. It just concerns me. At my next appointment I will be 37 weeks 3 days and I am just concerned that my fundal height will still be around 33 cm.

My DD was born IUGR and so that is another reason they checked me for IUGR. They are ruling that out. Just feeling uneasy after this last appointment.

Hiya I dont belong here but thought id share lol.

My fundal measurment was always smaller than it should have been and it seemed the further along i got, the bigger the gap become, like you said. I have quite a small frame so the midwifes wasnt concerned until i also measured 33 at 36wks. They sent me for a growth scan and it actually showed that he was predicted to be bigger than average at full term! They sent me for another one a week later as I still hadn't grown but sure enough the little fella had. They told me he would be between 8-9lb at birth :shock:

Turns out that he was a perfect 7lb 10oz at 40+6.

Hope that reassured you a bit :)

Hiya,

i had my 34 week check last thursday and was measuring 29cm, the midwife told me that this was measuring quite small and immediately got on the phone and arranged an emergency growth scan. She went through all the possibilities with me and i came home feeling quite frightened thinking that there could be something wrong with my son.

We went for the scan the next morning and was told that everything was fine with our son and that he is weighing in bigger than expected. all fluid levels came back fine, placenta working fine, everything normal with cord etc his heartbeat was fine. all in all the sonographer said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my son and he is all healthy and growing just fine. She said im probably measuring small cause ive only got a small frame but my son was predicted to measure just short of 6lb at this scan and well over 8 by the time i reach my due date. personally i dont think its cause im small, everybody carries differently and its not all "Textbook" like professionals would like to think.

x

I've been measuring small throughout (last measurement was 33 and a half cm at 40+3) and for 3 weeks my measurement stayed exactly the same but my last scan at 35 weeks showed baby to be fine, just slightly below average size

if yr going by the fundal height ie via mw then dont take it seriously mine said that all my babies were small and none of them were, but I was never sent for a scan as they were born years ago,(youngest is 14)
This time round my scans and I have had 6 so far and going for my 7th on the 8/2 are showing that this little boy is small and the placenta is above instead of behind him etc but I take heart that i am having frequent scans and the hospital seems on top of things.
My mw measured my fundal height adter my last scan at 25 weeks and made me 27 but mu scan measurement showed me a lot smaller, so I am just going to go with the hospital scans and try not to worry xx

I was measuring 28 at 30 week appointment first time i have came up smaller but have gained 29pds and great pregnancy so far she said could be i carry low and my muscles just to be safe scheduling me for a scan in 2 weeks to see gowth shes not worried but i am a little only normal to feel that way last ultrasound she weighed more then average could be the way baby was today

yeah REALLY dont worry...i worked myself up so much over this..im 38weeks but measureing 30...31 cm depending on MW! grew fine up until 30 week mark...been for 2 growth scans and at my last one at 38weeks hes over 7lbs..eeeekk...so fundal height is a load of non sense! xxxx

ill 2nd that ^ i measured 3/4 weeks behind all the way through, sent me for a growth scan got us all worried and he was actually measuring slightly above average and was 7lb15 at birth. those measuremnents are notoriously unreliable and alot of the time get people worried for no reason so try not to take too much notice :)

as I said earlier at my 40 week appointment she measured only 33 and a half weeks but she weighed over 4 kilos when she was born so the measurements really do mean nothing

I am measuring small and had an emergency growth scan. Baby was a week bigger than expected, everything else was normal. But he is lying transverse (across me) which makes my stomach appear smaller. Your baby could just be all tucked up comfy when the measurements are taken or lying sideways like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->