Anyone else more irritable in 2nd tri?

skookie

Reaction score
I had a lot of anxiety in my 1st trimester. I was told hormones level out in 2nd tri and it's a "blissful" time. I wasn't very cranky in the first trimester, just nervous (I had experienced infertility for three years prior to getting pregnant). But now at 20 weeks, for the last week or maybe more, I'm just really, really irritable and angry. The only thing I can compare it to is mega PMS on steroids. Everything bothers me. Things I know wouldn't bother me and have no reason to bother me. Kids playing outside, people's Facebook posts, my husband's protectiveness, my pets, my family, I could seriously go on and on. Negative thoughts are just racing through my head constantly. I'm just really hoping a) this is somewhat normal and b) it will pass. Is this just how "pregnancy is" for me? Can anyone else relate? Also any tips to be more positive and chill would be great.

I just posted this on the third trimester board! The past week or so i just want to punch everyone in the face. I literally may have just told off my hubby for being so obnoxious as to bring me a grilled cheese sandwich...that was literally his offense (granted, its "dinner " after he's been home for 2+hours without having been thoughtful enough to make one of the premade options i had in the fridge which was why he was in trouble in the first place...)

But yes...I'm sorry....in glad someone else feels this way to though

It was actually two grilled cheeses. And i just pounded them both down while plotting against him for being an annoying schmuck.

It was actually two grilled cheeses. And i just pounded them both down while plotting against him for being an annoying schmuck.

Well thank you for making me laugh! And I'm glad to hear I'm not alone although I'm sorry, because I am sure you'd rather be happy go lucky about everything.. I know I would!

I've been going through the same thing hun, it's not just you. I must say, I do FEEL a lot better physically than I did my first trimester.. But mentally, I am much more exhausted now & I also, have negative thoughts running through my mind often ): It sucks, I'm hoping it'll go away by third trimester. I'm still oh so excited to have my little girl, but with my body getting bigger, it's been harder for me to move around and stay positive at times.

I had terrible 'pregnancy anger' last week. EVERYTHING annoyed me. I would get fits of rage build up inside at times! Terrible! Feel better this week, comes and goes for me. What a roller coaster huh? Hope yours settles soon xx

I am a lot more irritable this trimester than last. I am 18 weeks. I struggle with depression so I am not sure if it's that or the hormones but I don't like it and hoping it will pass. I don't remember feeling this way when I was pregnant with my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->