Anyone else nervous about 20 week / anomaly scan??

TooExcited

Reaction score
I have my scan on 7 June and I'm petrified of there being no heartbeat...

We had a private scan 2 weeks ago and all looked fine plus my midwife had no problem finding the HB 2 days later on a dopler but I just can't help worrying that something is wrong.

I've had a very long journey to get here so that's probably why I'm so worried. I just wish I could enjoy it.

Also, my symptoms aren't that strong anymore. Boobs hurt a bit but not much and whilst I'm showing I thought I'd be bigger by now.

Anyone else driving themselves crazy?

I don't want to get a home dopler as I've read that their safety isn't proven and I'm an addictive sort of person and would be listening every 5 minutes!!

Agghhhhhh!

its probably normal to feel the way you do as you said its taken you long to get here but try not to worry too much

as for symptoms they should be lessening now in second tri as the placenta has taken over and you being a FTM wont show as much as ladies who have babies already ...

all will be fine ... congratulations on your pregnancy

I felt the same - and all was ok. We had a 2.5 year journey for this baby with two losses and both losses were found at scans. So scans were dreaded by us! Most people cannot wait for a scan but I was in tears at the start of both this time.

It's normal to be nervous especially after a long wait but I'm sure all is fine. Symptoms do get better after the first trimester so that must be the 2'd trimester glow!

Good luck x

Yes! This pregnancy I've had far fewer scans and since my midwife appointments are a month apart, I basically go a month without hearing that precious heartbeat. I take comfort in knowing that little peanut was kicking away the last time his heartbeat was checked. The next appointment is in 2 weeks. My 20 week scan is in 4 weeks. Until then I treasure the sporadic flutter and keep feeling my belly for movement even though it's pretty early for that.

So much of pregnancy is about faith and surrendering to the unknown. Hang in there.

TooExcited: I'm so sorry that you're feeling nervous! What a journey you've had!! HUGE congrats on your pregnancy! :) Maybe purchasing a small doppler for your personal use at home might calm your anxiety? I miscarried my first baby and ALWAYS bleed during my first trimester (which is how my mc started!) so I'm a nervous wreck during the first tri! I bought a doppler for between 30-40$ and use it very often for comfort. I just had the flu the last 3 days and hardly ate at all, which made me nervous for baby's health--but hearing that heartbeat reassures me so much! Just a thought! :winkwink: Best wishes on your ultrasound! I hope you have an amazing experience! xxx

I have my scan on Thursday n feeling a mixture of nervous n excitement! I can't wait to see him/her on that screen n just really hoping its all ok n looking healthy that's what I'm nervous about. I feel movement all the time I have for weeks n now its everyday so just hoping they say baby looking good n we are excited to know what sex it is too x

I'm exactly like this too. I've had three losses before and bled from 6-15 weeks with this pregnancy, which I think are the main reasons behind my worries. Because this will be my second baby I get a lot less appointments too, I last saw my midwife and heard heartbeat at 16 weeks but don't see her again until 28 weeks which seems such a long time in between, although I do have my 20 week scan this week. I dread scans now and can feel myself getting more nervous the nearer it gets, and I usually end up in tears at every scan and appointment just because I've got myself so worked up expecting the worst. I hate that I can't relax at all and enjoy pregnancy because it was taken from me with my losses. I'm sure everything will be fine for you, it's just so hard not to worry for those of us who haven't had the easy journey we all expect.

Me. I have a heart condition and this is the scan where I find out if the baby has it.

I'm terrified! Like a PP said I only see my OB every 4 weeks. I have an appointment tomorrow with her before my 20 week scan which should help calm my nerves.
I also booked a private scan for next week (june 14) to find out the gender with DH.
Keep us updated on your scan, only one more sleep!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"