Anyone else not coping well? Please tell me it's not just me

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Don't know if this is in the right section but it's mostly about Daisy so it probably is!

I am at the brink of breakdown I think.

Daisy has always been a clingy baby, but i eventually got her into a routine.

Now it has all gone wrong, she cat naps through the day, 5 mins at a time, no time for me to do anything and when she is awake she has to have my attention all the time.
She sits in her chair for a maximum of 5 minutes and then starts to cry, same with her playgym.
OH tries his best but she only wants me. He made dinner last night then ran me a bath and sent me on my way, so off I went and it was fab for about 2 minutes then Daisy started crying again so I got out to comfort her.

At bed time she fights sleep for about 2 hours which is draining in itself but she has now stopped sleeping through the night :hissy:

Yesterday I didn't get washed ad dressed til 3:30pm and that was when my other daughter came in from school and amused Daisy for 5 minutes.

My HV says it's because she had a really bad cold when she was 2 weeks old and had to be held upright but she was ok at about 3 months old, it's just the past few weeks she has been like this.
I am so exhausted, and am having to go back to work soon but I know I wont be able to cope with 12 hours shifts if I have to come home to this!

I have beentrying to stick to the routine I had with her but it doesnt work :cry:

I am living in trackie bottoms and my hair is always tied up, so this is getting to me too!

Any advice would be great, I'm willing to try anything!

Thanks if you have read all this I know I went on a bit!

:hug:

yes lass, i find it hard too.... fin is exactly the same. he has three twenty min naps throughout the day, other wise it's a constant!!! battle of entertaining, sterilising, going out for a walk (or i feel guilty that he hasn't been out the house). he will sit in his bumbo for about 5 mins but if i'm not there he gets upset. i feel the size of a house, with a jelly belly and greasy hair... OH is great but doesn't have the tolerance i have. i tried to get a couple of hours kip in the early morning after my usual night shift but woke up 20 mins later to a screaming baby and a stressed out OH..... i'm with you girl xxxxxx

yep me too!!!!! lilly only wants to be with me carry's on when her dad trys to do things for her! she wont go to bed for him she wont keep still wen her changes her bum! she has always been great at bedtime, up until now ive never had a sleepless nite.................... but she got poorly and used to take her out of her bed in the nite when she would wake up coughing big mistake....... she will only go to bed after crying her self to sleep or i found that plating with ears sends her off really quick but once she feels that ive left the room she up on her feet and crying again. and through the day i cant clean she just crys to get through the safety gate to me, its hard at meal times as well beacause she doesnt want to sit in her high chair and watch me cook her food, she wants to be out and seeing wat im doing, its all part of her learning i guess.............. but she makes it very diffucult to get on with things cause she is constantly hanging of my leg no joke lol:hissy: some times i just need a break, and like you say with the bath thing you want to relax but when you hear them upset you just cant stay in the bath listening to them, oh try's his best to give me a break the only thing that has ever worked is my oh takes lilly out in the car and she is fine then, gives me an hour to my self:happydance:

Im with you here too hun. Kaitlin cat naps (the odd day she will have a 2 hour sleep, she is asleep now after going up to her several times i was determinedshe wil have a good sleep this afternoon shes much happier after it..and she finallty settled) She is very clingy to me, cried for anyone other than me, if she is on me she will fall asleep so easily! I think tis ebcuase she has refluxc and when she was smaller id always let her fall asleep upright on me it was the only way she would settle and shes gotten sued to it and become clingy, she wont play for very long on her playmat......but I must admit the jumperoo has been a godsend! she will stay in this for quite a while and has even fell asleep in it twoce!

im also worried about when i go back to work, i'll work evening and she will be with OH and Im worried she will jsut cry for me all night.

Iv decided iv got to be cruel to be kind, and not go straight to her when she cries, and try not to cuddle her as much (as hard as it is :-( ) and i bottles need doing or I need to make dinner ect, I get on with it, let her cry, but keep gonig to her to let her know im there. Try sticking to your routine hun, eventually she will get used to it xxxxx

I'm lucky as my LO sleeps really well at night and isn't too clingy, yet, but she can be a real winge. I can't say I know what you're going through but I would recommend getting a sling if you haven't alrady got one - my LO barely sleeps in the day without it and I can get on with some things.

It is hard and it is a huge adjustment, and I have been struggling myself. Brennan does not sleep well at night, and I miss my sleep more than I can express. Do you have a sling? Something you can use to wear her? That way she can be held, but you will have your hands free and make it easier to do things. I also found that around 5 months, Brennan started becoming much more independant. :hugs: you are SO not alone!

Helena was like this for about a week (2 weeks ago!) and she seems to be back to normal.

I know it sucks! I kept having a mini breakdown every day around noon because I was so sick of her whining.

Maybe Daisy will be better in a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->