anyone else not dtd to get labour going?

tristansmum

Reaction score
As the title says. I'm 38 weeks and keen to get baby coming and everyone seems to be posting they are dtd lots. We have not done it since 30 weeks. Both of us find it difficult with baby moving around. Plus I'm tired and don't feel very sexy or comfortable. We tried about a months ago but it was painful for me. Am I alone on this????

I would like to be but DH seems reluctant. So no dtd for me for the last couple weeks.

We tried it with my last pregnancy, didn't work & I don't think I'll bother this time. It was so uncomfortable.. don't know how I'll feel if I go overdue again but definately not planning on trying as much as we did last time. x

Hey we havent done it in a while as i had vericose veins sown there so no dtd to get things going no matter how much i want this baby here

I am 2 days overdue and DTD is the last thing I want to do. Gonna try some pineapple and bouncing on my ball. I had a sweep on Friday and even that hasn't worked :(

I'm not up for it lately, didn't need to last time as waters broke at 37 plus 6, if I go over I may consider it.

I sure it was sex that started my labour with my first and would like to try again now but just can't bring myself to do it lol, I'm just uncomfortable!! I've been so lucky and had a comfortable pregnancy for the most part but just tis past week I've been struggling a little, uncomfortable and can't lie right to sleep. I wish he was here! X

Nope, last time we had sex was around 28 weeks or so. My waters broke naturally at 37 + 5. It certainly can help if you are already close (and honestly, if I'd gone to 41/42 weeks, I would have taken one for the team and done it) but you don't have to have sex to go into labour. It's a natural process and your body will know when it's time.

I have absolutely NO desire to do that right now.

I am not even sure it helps, 10 days over and have DTD straight after 2 x sweeps yet I am still waiting :-(

Lat time we dtd I had a wee bleeding so I have been trying to get OH to DTD so that it might get things irritated/started down there! He wont and keeps getting DD in our bed I am sure as a barrier, ha. His mum is here (surprise visit, yay.........) so been trying to convince him to do it.

I'm not at the end yet, but did do it a lot with my first. A lot. Had to be induced a week and a half after my due date. Because it was kinda a hassle ( meaning very uncomfortable for me) and didn't work for me the first time, won't even go there this time around.... So I'm with you!

Well I just caught DH in the mood, so here's hoping it does something! Anything...

When I was having DD #1 we dtd 41+2 (I was due to be induced the next evening) and was desperate to try ANYTHING not to be induced. Within the hour my waters broke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->