anyone else not have AF for 5-6months off BCP?

Danielle_jone

Reaction score
i went off bcp 6 months ago and had 1 short period.....anyone else been in a similar situation?? had all bloods done and don't have pcos and not preggers.:wacko:

its annoying, because i dont know what cycle day i am or if im ovulating...:coffee:

How long were you on bcp? It sounds like you have a hormonal disorder... I would go months without af, because i have pcos. But on bcp my period would come every 28 days...

I was on mycrogynon for almost 10 years, since coming off I've had a really irregular cycle. Hoping docs can sort me out. I would go back to docs if I were you?

Good luck x

Hiya - sorry to hear you are going through this

I have very irregular periods - I came off BCP in 2009 and didn't have a period for 6 months and only had one after that as doc put me back on BCP. I wasn't TTC at the time.

I came off it again last year and fell pregnant with no period after 8 weeks. Unfortunately I had an MMC and then it took me 11 weeks for AF to show :cry:

Since then I have had a 28 day cycle and am currently on CD34 with no sign of AF yet and BFNs so am probably in for another long cycle.

I have had all the tests too and all came back back fine.
It can take upto a year to get your cycles back to normal after BCP

I hope your doc can give you some answers :hugs:

Hiya - sorry to hear you are going through this

I have very irregular periods - I came off BCP in 2009 and didn't have a period for 6 months and only had one after that as doc put me back on BCP. I wasn't TTC at the time.

I came off it again last year and fell pregnant with no period after 8 weeks. Unfortunately I had an MMC and then it took me 11 weeks for AF to show :cry:

Since then I have had a 28 day cycle and am currently on CD34 with no sign of AF yet and BFNs so am probably in for another long cycle.

I have had all the tests too and all came back back fine.
It can take upto a year to get your cycles back to normal after BCP

I hope your doc can give you some answers :hugs:

thanks hun! How do you tell what cycle day you are on? or is that out of the question? we have just been bd'ing hoping i am actually ovulating. DH went for SA on friday so we will know that today....good luck to you love.:hugs:

I have been using OPKs starting from 10 days after AF and doing it like mad when I get my surge :happydance: and AF arrives 14 days later so I think I do ovulate but never sure what day it will be without OPKs
Hope the SA results came back ok :thumbup:

hiya, i feel what your going through!
I came off bcp beg dec 10 and have only had 1 af since on 20th jan! as i wasnt sure whether i was ovulating or not i started using opk's about 4 weeks ago and got my pos 6days ago!!!
I also went to my gp and have got an appointment in the morn for bloods doing.
I think some of us just suffer with irregular periods after bcp, i know this doesnt stop how frustrating it is!!!
Fingers crossed for your bfp hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->